Remote screen recording

cyclones

In Runtime
Hey all. I'm looking for some free software that would allow me to install it on two of our visitor kiosk systems. I'm looking to do this because some of our end-users tell me that they get errors every now and then when their incoming visitor registers for a badge but they never take a picture of the error message so it's very hard for me to diagnose. Essentially the incoming guest would go up to the kiosk and fill out all of the information click submit and then a customized badge prints for them. I am looking for the software to be able to record for long periods of time to a server share or even locally would be fine. Also would be nice to remotely start and stop the recording without having to mess with the Kiosks. Thank you!

Last edited:
Been a few days, but I wanted to respond anyhow. Our team was looking for a similar solution. The problem we came up with is that most of it requires the person to start and stop the recording. Otherwise, the amount of space the recording would take up is incredibly high and would fill up the hard drive within a day or so (triple monitors on the setup we needed to record).

That said, apparently TeamViewer offers that capability and you can do it remotely. I think our guys used that, but the catch is you have to be watching when it happens or already have started the recording.

Does the kiosk have any event viewer or log of any hardware errors? If your user could tell you at least what time the error occured - or if you could check the timestamp on the badge that might give a little bit more accurate timing to search through.

Back
Top Bottom