Reinstall XP: "How could I keep WinXP really fast & stable for 2 years ?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
rayen15 said:
I meant, I'm going to do a clean XP Installation next month and I want to keep XP installed without having problems for 2 years.
I need to install XP again because it was installed at the end of 2002. I was 13 in 2002 so you could imagine that I did not had the knowledge to maintain my PC, I didn't knew a lot about PC's, and I didn't maintain XP so you could imagine that it's so slowwwwww! Also, another reason is, that I won't be home a lot for 2 years and my parents will use my pc every day, i also don't think my pc would be able to run another 2 years without a new installation (so it would be like working on XP for 4 years, with a lot of installed/uninstalled software, Windows Updates, SP1 and SP2, and probably in the future SP3 on 1 XP install.)

About the swapfile,
I have chosen for 512-512 MB, because it's going to be used to surf on the Internet, to chat, read/write emails, to read/write documents in Word. The RAM Usage also wouldn't probably be more than 512 MB.

edit:
I also have a NAT router with a firewall, which is quite good configured.

I see that you didn't read my link above. I made that topic specifically to help you

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56137

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom