Recommeneded Hard Drive Space Required for Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Specs for Windows 7 is telling me that I need 20 GB of available disk space for Windows 7 64-bit.
Howevever how much space do I really need in order to run windows 7 + office 2007 confortabilty?

I do remember my vista experience where they where telling me 40Gb and then watching it just fill up FAST.

I am looking at installing Win 7 64bit on Kill Kitty this week end.

if I recall correctly。。。。。 they(OS) are pretty much the same

No they are not. ;)

KC what do you plan on installing? That is what will determine how much space you need.

Also it's worth noting that Windows 7 automatically partitions your drives to install a Recovery system which is impossible to remove after installation.

Ways to avoid this happening can be found on Google... can't exactly remember how I got it to go away.

That is only for the certain media. I can tell you that the Full Retail Versions do NOT do that. All my partitions are setup exactly how i want them and Win7 did NOT setup any hidden ones. I have confirmed this via the Disk Management and GParted several times.

weird, i have the normal ultimate 32 bit and it did the same thing. Don't know why you are complaining though, it is just 100mb in size.

I tried a few different ways of getting rid of that extra partition and i couldn't. My download was through MS Partnership, but i believe it is the same as in the stores.

That extra 100MB is NOT a Recovery Partition. It is the new BOOT partition that Win7 creates. It is created in order to help the boot process by not allowing it to get corrupted as easily by storing the boot info there and not in the root of the system drive.

That can be gotten around as well as i dont have that either.

Ahh, I didn't know what it was.

Mak is the recovery disk option in 7 the same tools that come with the install disk?

No. That is the Recovery Disk for boot issues and that. Like the Vista Recovery Disk that NeoSmart has.

What I did was allow it to parititon my HDD during Windows setup, then I extended that HDD to its parititon and the Windows BOOT partiiton (for the BitLocker function) is now gone. I cheated. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom