really sucky lagg!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy101

Baseband Member
ok im running a Celeron 946 Mhz with only 112 megs of ram... which ino is a piece of shit but it should still b able 2 play games alright.
I play diablo 2 LoD alot and even when there is nothing going on it laggs usually every 10 seconds and quite alot when there are monsters on the screen...
I was just wondering with windows XP what are the essential processes you need running to still be able to play???
and im hoping that might speed it up abit

memory cards are best way to upgrade ur computer, it's cheap, fast and easy to install.. my ram is 256 DDR, not bad

I have a Lagg

I got GTA vice city and the game is really choppy i defragged and still no luck. I also got direct X 9 amd now its not as bad but still choppy in spots. My system resources are at like 67% but i cant get more back i deleted a lot of shit and still no luck any suggestions??? I run a p4 2.4 ghz 512 ram but still won;t run right.

I really need help.:eek: :confused:

Re: I have a Lagg

bergie said:
I got GTA vice city and the game is really choppy i defragged and still no luck. I also got direct X 9 amd now its not as bad but still choppy in spots. My system resources are at like 67% but i cant get more back i deleted a lot of shit and still no luck any suggestions??? I run a p4 2.4 ghz 512 ram but still won;t run right.

I really need help.:eek: :confused:

What type of graphics card are you running?

if memory doesnt help then is your computer slow at everything, or just this game???

<start brain dump>
uninstall
delete temp files
deltree \windowshome\temp

scandisk/defrag
reinstall....

dirty cd/cdrom drive... try cleaning them

look at what else is running. .. --- use taskmanager
are you playing a network game over a slow connection?
server software
- are you hosting any websites, personalwebserver, firewall software,etc..
'Helper' (spy)software - toolbars, etc.. .
Old versions of chat,msn,ymessenger,aol, whatever, you get the idea running?

AV software ?
scan for spyware !!!!!!!
</dump>

Exactly dude.. it the display card that's causing the lag ..
The TNT just fits the bill for the min. requirement of Vicecity .. In Any case .. If u can't replace the display card at onc e.. then try freeing up memory by killing up unwanted apps which r resident on the memory

U can probably use this process viewer from this page ..as it gives u all the processes even those hidden in the windows task manager http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom