Really Simple Syndication (RSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
I have recently discovered this and want to recommend it to anyone who is interested in assimilating and curating personal knowledge. I use a program called sharpreader, which groups all my subscribed feeds. I then pick and choose from hundreds of articles that i want to read. It's so much easier than jumping from website to website. I subscribe to bbc news, bbc scottish news, bbc technology, yahoo technology etc etc etc. I will never buy a newspaper again!

IE has RSS Feeds readers built in as does Opera. Firefox has Live Bookmarks which can do this as well.(Thanks CrazeD for correcting me on this ;)) Safari and I believe Chrome also has it built in. ;)

Ah, so much choice in this day and age! I'm cast in stone with Firefox at the moment, at least until i mutate into a tester and expand my horizons! In the mean time, I think it will take some persuading to remove me from the idea of using RSS. Guess I finally caught up !

Well even RSS is getting out dated. There is RSS 1.0 and RSS 2.0 now. There is also ATOM out now as well which some sites use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_(standard)

I know that Opera supports this new kind as well. I dont think IE or Firefox has support for them yet. I havent checked the Firefox extensions lately to see the latest and greatest stuff. I have my small list and i enjoyt that. ;)

IE has RSS Feeds readers built in as does Opera. Firefox is the only major browser that doesnt have it built in. Safari and I believe Chrome also has it built in. ;)

Firefox has Live Bookmarks, what'chu talkin bout willis?

Firefox has Live Bookmarks, what'chu talkin bout willis?

Your talking to a Opera person. I only use Firefox for rare things. I didnt know that Live Bookmarks were the same as RSS Feed Readers. I had to install my own cause i didnt like the built in one.;)

Your talking to a Opera person. I only use Firefox for rare things. I didnt know that Live Bookmarks were the same as RSS Feed Readers. I had to install my own cause i didnt like the built in one.;)

I agree that it's not very good, but it is an RSS reader nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom