Re-size screen to make 800x600 playable with LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterious_Elf_

Solid State Member
I have a widescreen LCD 19 inch and wondered if anyone knew of a way I could play Counter Strike 1.6 at low res (800x600) without it looking blurry, Ive tried putting the filtering on graphics options to x16 and this helps, but not enough for me to play it comfortably at. I wondered if anyone knew of any way I could re-size my screen when playing or somthing? Ive been told to look at aspect ratio but no luck, I'm using an FX 7600 GT if its reliavant.

PS: I know this will seem stupid to non competative gamers, its hard to explain but basicly I feel (like most others) most comfortable playing at a lower res rather than my native LCD res.

EDIT: Ive again looked at aspect ratio, when I tick 'Enable double scan for lower resolution modes' and try and load up cs my screen comes up with the error 'Out of Frequency'. When I tick other options such as 'Fixed aspect ratio timing' I notice no difference.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

800x600 aint a widescreen resolution, and it is impossible to play 1.6 in ANY resolution and not have it look crap, lol

you need to run it in a widescreen reso

I know its not a widescreen res, thats why I wondered if anyone knew of a way to re-size my screen or similar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom