RavMonE Virus Comes With New iPod 30gb!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a clue, dude. ---> We don't care!

If these people are so worried about getting a virus (God forbid) then they should stop using an operating system that is KNOWN TO BE VULNERABLE TO VIRUSES.

It not about that; it's about the diccution.

Windows onyl gets viruses because people target it. Most people and companies use it, and they use it for a reason too.

And what about the people that can't afford a mac? because there all so expencive.

You can't pirate OSX 10 or build your own mac.

Most people are happy with a $400 e-machine because thats all they cann afford.

And what about gamers like me? mac has halo 1 and doom 3.... which both such on mac because of there frame rates.

Mostly false. People target Windows because it's easier to target; it is inherently easier to hit. Do you know what percent of web servers run Linux? Close to 60%, most if not all running Apache. Why aren't those machines being attacked? You could, and wreak havoc on the internet, but notice that there are very few exploits for Apache/Linux. Many more are for IIS, which integrates into Windows even though it only commands about 28% of webservers.

If someone can afford a $400 eMachine, then they can surely suck up enough patience and another $199 to get a Mac Mini, which will work as well, if not better.

And if you complain about gaming on a Mac, plop Windows on it anyways, but don't use it for anything else. Or use Linux; there are good games for it too.

a mac mini needs a monitor, a minimun of $200

a e-machine comes with a monitor

y would i put windows on a mac of gamming when the video hardware which even the best mac couldnt hold anything on gaming machine which cost lessthan half of the best mac

You'd think the extra 200 dollars comes easy, but if that were the case I'd have a computer by now.. i can only buy a motherboard(67 dollars) cpu(86 dollars) ram(60 dollars) psu(20 dollars) with the money I have right now... I've had this much money for about 3 months now... :\ this isn't really on topic though

Get new video hardware. iMacs come with an optional 7600GT, and you could probably flash an X1800 or something to work with a G5/Mac Pro.

Also: about the monitor, you can get one on sale at Office Max, a 15", for $79 pretty regularly. Refurbs run about $30-$40 at your local computer store.

One more thing, that $400 eMachine that comes with a monitor...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat60700050016&id=1155848397298
...really doesn't.

You can get an X1900 XT in Mac Pros... NOGA, just give up. You lose this round.

Bottom line: If you don't want a virus, don't use Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom