Rate the Wire Management Above You!

wow ppmguire your build has become something epic!! i have been gone so long!!! just recently upgraded and remembered good ol' tech forums. i will post a picture later today when i get out of work.

as far as optical drives.. i just recently installed one in my computer.. hate myself for it.. but find myself in need of burning cds for friends and to give out demos regarding dj mixes and sometimes graphic work too large for emails. Not to mention a mother who still uses cds in her vehicle lol

and wow my signature.. thats how long its been since i've been here haha

Yea man I saw the name on this thread and was like wait, what? haha.

Internal optical drive? ARRG always external. What's odd is I need to burn 2 CDs right now too. Misplaced my XP SP2 disk with slipstreamed drivers and cd key so need to make another one and also want to add my tools/drivers/updates to my 98SE as well.

What's funny is all this time rigid tubing has been "mainstream" and yet my lazy *** is still using soft tubing. I'm also still using a 9 year old PSU without sleeved cables. Just can't be arsed although I am looking at a new PSU (my 1350 is needed elsewhere).

wow ppmguire your build has become something epic!! i have been gone so long!!! just recently upgraded and remembered good ol' tech forums. i will post a picture later today when i get out of work.

as far as optical drives.. i just recently installed one in my computer.. hate myself for it.. but find myself in need of burning cds for friends and to give out demos regarding dj mixes and sometimes graphic work too large for emails. Not to mention a mother who still uses cds in her vehicle lol

and wow my signature.. thats how long its been since i've been here haha
Wait now
I still use an optical drive AND CDs in my car haha

Yea man I saw the name on this thread and was like wait, what? haha.

Internal optical drive? ARRG always external. What's odd is I need to burn 2 CDs right now too. Misplaced my XP SP2 disk with slipstreamed drivers and cd key so need to make another one and also want to add my tools/drivers/updates to my 98SE as well.

What's funny is all this time rigid tubing has been "mainstream" and yet my lazy *** is still using soft tubing. I'm also still using a 9 year old PSU without sleeved cables. Just can't be arsed although I am looking at a new PSU (my 1350 is needed elsewhere).

yeah i'm regretting the decision.. prob gonna buy an external.. cuz my 750d's front is no longer flush and it bugs me so bad!! I miss having custom water cooling! its been since my 3770k that i've had it. Will prob eventually jump back into that.. was the sole reason i bought the 750d. Upgraded to an 8700k yesterday and getting some proper water seems like the right thing to do.. settled on a h100i v2 for the meantime.

i jumped on the sleeved cable craze and bought some bundle for my corsair 850watt.. damn 70 dollars for some damned cables.. and i got white.. which i regret so my dusty fingers got them dirty last night

and krazy, i've been using a flash drive for a my music in my car.. has been a game changer. though every now and then i'll use spotify... always prefer my higher quality music to spotify though.

Last edited:
If you've been out of the game a while I'm sure you went wtf at the RAM and GPU prices these days lol.

70 dollars for cables, must be Cablemod. At least if you have a really good PSU and those cables you won't need any for a long time. I was going to go 8700k but decided on the 7800x instead because I wanted this board. I'm glad I did too, because this chip runs way colder than the 8700k.

yeah i'm regretting the decision.. prob gonna buy an external.. cuz my 750d's front is no longer flush and it bugs me so bad!! I miss having custom water cooling! its been since my 3770k that i've had it. Will prob eventually jump back into that.. was the sole reason i bought the 750d. Upgraded to an 8700k yesterday and getting some proper water seems like the right thing to do.. settled on a h100i v2 for the meantime.

i jumped on the sleeved cable craze and bought some bundle for my corsair 850watt.. damn 70 dollars for some damned cables.. and i got white.. which i regret so my dusty fingers got them dirty last night

and krazy, i've been using a flash drive for a my music in my car.. has been a game changer. though every now and then i'll use spotify... always prefer my higher quality music to spotify though.
The car I got didn't have a USB
I was able to add Bluetooth to it so I use that time to time or aux.
Too lazy to upgrade the console
At least now my car supports mp3s so my CD count has gone down

If you've been out of the game a while I'm sure you went wtf at the RAM and GPU prices these days lol.

70 dollars for cables, must be Cablemod. At least if you have a really good PSU and those cables you won't need any for a long time. I was going to go 8700k but decided on the 7800x instead because I wanted this board. I'm glad I did too, because this chip runs way colder than the 8700k.

i almost went with 7820x!!! Saw if for something around 475.00 dollars and nearly crapped myself at that price!!! but decided i had no use for all that. I really wanted to wait for 2700x from amd.. but i got tired of waiting. I've been keeping up with the ridiculous ram and gpu prices.. i've been sittin on a gtx 1080 for a while now... had it long before the mining madness. The ram prices definitely upset me though... reminded me of buying 1gb of ddr500 for over 100 dollars back in 2005/06.. all so i could overclock my 3500+ some more for better super pi times haha

i almost went with 7820x!!! Saw if for something around 475.00 dollars and nearly crapped myself at that price!!! but decided i had no use for all that. I really wanted to wait for 2700x from amd.. but i got tired of waiting. I've been keeping up with the ridiculous ram and gpu prices.. i've been sittin on a gtx 1080 for a while now... had it long before the mining madness. The ram prices definitely upset me though... reminded me of buying 1gb of ddr500 for over 100 dollars back in 2005/06.. all so i could overclock my 3500+ some more for better super pi times haha
I bought a 1080ti before the craze and ended up returning it.
Wish I kept it
Been wanting to upgrade my ram for a while, waiting for it to drop hopefully by summer time.

Luckily you already have a 1080. Friend of mine just spent 700 bucks on a 1080 and I'm like that's a shame man, that's 1080ti money. I'm wincing at the next gen release and how quickly these damn miners will gobble up all the damn cards. I have a feeling they're going to be around 35% more powerful than a 1080ti/Titan XP so I'll be left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Speaking of DDR. All the DDR in my SLI-DR I found out last night is dead and my SLI-DR won't take more than 1 stick of DDR now. My storage building ruined a lot of good stuff. I know a place to buy brand new DDR too but idk if it's worth it. Maybe a couple 512MB sticks for my 98 box instead. Currently looking at cases to put my 98 box stuff in so I can water cool it.

Wish I kept it
Been wanting to upgrade my ram for a while, waiting for it to drop hopefully by summer time.

You'll be waiting longer. RAM pricing needs a class action for them to stop price fixing. It's a repeat of 2010.

Wish I kept it

my friend is trying to sell me an evga 1080ti for 650.. almost wanna buy it to resell! but i feel like gpu prices are starting to normalize. i see 1080's going back on sale for 700.. which still sucks.. but is only 100 dollars off from what it was previously worth. with the next gen coming up i really hope things normalize again.. but i'm not holding my breath. been waiting to jump on 1440 ultrawide or 4k monitor.. but waiting for a gpu that'll play at native res and get great fps. feel like the next Ti will definitely fit the bill.. and hopefully won't be 1000 dollars

bitcoin hitting nasty lows.. hoping it keeps tanking so we can have our hardware back haha

worst time ever to love computers... now with the flash memory factory losing 3% of its product as well.. everything is going up in price!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom