Raptor Really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked into the Raptor drives and a possible RAID 0 array almost two years ago when this stuff was seemingly taboo at the time, simply because I wanted the fastest responding system I could possibly get. And while I don't think that RAID is a particularily performancing boosting concept, the Raptor drives are fast, and I personally will never ever ever go back to using 7200RPM drives again for a primary partition

Many people argue that they aren't worth the price/capacity they offer, but what most fail to realize is that you don't buy a Raptor to store thousands of MP3s or movies or anything of that nature, you use it for applications and operating systems and things of that nature.

I found my investment to be quite a good one, considering the price for a 36GB Raptor is about the same as when I bought them almost two years ago, which is highly abnormal for computer hardware. If, like me, speed and absolute highest performance are a neccesity to you, I would buy a Raptor and never look back

If I had a 1000 budget or anything close to that, I'd put a raptor drive in my new build. There's no reason not to. You put your OS and your high-end games on it. Storage will go on the 80 or 120gb 7200rpm drives. It's no big deal for your videos or music.

Ryan

I love my raptors as well. I agree with Gaara, there's no way I could go back to a 7200rpm drive for my os. Feels like it's just creeping along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom