Random Gaming News

Finally finished far cry. What a game.

If you finish it I recommend you watching all the endings in you tube.

My ending was not the long one. You know what I mean if you played it.

Now top trophy hunt a few. Then on to dragon age. After 40 hours im ready for something new.

Sent from my iPhone using tiny buttons. Sorry for the misspellings. Busy spinning Mana Wheels

I'm still working on my 100% goal in Unity. So... many... chests...

And what makes this game a little more tricky than prior AC games is the fact that when you sync a viewpoint, you don't actually unlock all of the collectibles on your map. Instead, there are "hidden" ones that require you to roam the district up, down, and back again like you're mowing the lawn, just to get the missing few collectibles to appear.

But that's ok, you can just go to the store and pick up some time saver packs! They'll reveal everything, and they're only $1.99 each! /sarcasm

How do you like unity. Did they fix the bugs.

I need to start rogue also.

Sent from my iPhone using tiny buttons. Sorry for the misspellings. Busy spinning Mana Wheels

After listening to too many game of the year podcasts, we need to have a game hunters top 10

Just did something i swore i would never do and fired up my wow account. I don't even want to play it that much but i miss the boss fight mechanics. Playing Destiny this weekend made me nostalgic.

How do you like unity. Did they fix the bugs.

I need to start rogue also.

It has it's bright spots, but it's more of the same. The new free running system and sneak/cover/stealth approaches are welcomed changes, however, they aren't without flaw. A lot of times I still find myself "sticking" to different surfaces by accident, and it takes a little tweaking around to get to where you were trying to go. That's really nothing new when it comes to AC games though. Most of the technical issues seemed to have been resolved, but I still occasionally run into things like frame rate hiccups, though it's very short and temporary.

The main assassination missions by themselves are a lot of fun because of the freedom and number of options available to you with how you want to approach them. Think along the lines of GTA V Heists, only much more condensed. My problem with them is that if you are going for 100% then you have to do the optional objectives, which a lot of times, aren't practical and really handcuff the freedom and creativity that you have at your disposal.

For example, the first assassination requires you to get two kills from a hidden spot. There's a haystack conveniently placed near your target with a bunch of guards around, however, only one of them actually makes his way over to you. So instead of proceeding with the mission, I spent the better part of ten minutes trying to attract the attention of another guard to come over and investigate while remaining undetected (the other optional objective in this mission) so that I can pull him into the hay bale for my second hidden kill. The entire process destroyed any existing flow or immersion.

For the most part, the map is sort of like Brotherhood where it's one giant city; in Brotherhood, you were in Rome 95% of the game, as Paris is the case with Unity. The large crowds of people in the streets are a neat sight when you first start playing, but after a while they become more of a bother as they are constantly in your way as you try and maneuver the streets. The map is pretty large, though it feels small in comparison to Black Flag, mostly because sailing the Caribbean was so vast and open.

Other than that, there's a bunch of collectibles, random public events that will reward you with gear unlocks after so many completions, and a ton of side missions. The best side missions are the new investigation missions, where you play the role of solving murder mysteries. You are tasked with investigating the crime scene, collecting evidence, taking witness testimony, and then making the arrest once you've gathered and reviewed evidence. The cool part about it is that it's open-ended, as you can arrest an innocent person if you aren't thorough enough, which will give you a crappier reward and the true killer will walk free. Accusing the actual killer will grant you the max reward and a new weapon each time.

There's still a modern day storyline, but it's less involved than any other AC game to date. I haven't actually controlled anyone in the current world, just watched some cutscenes of a modern day assassin talking to me through a webchat. It's also like Black Flag in the sense that I get the feeling that "you" yourself are supposed to be the modern day protagonist. There's also the co-op multiplayer, but I'm waiting until I upgrade my gear some more before attempting that because I don't want to end up being the weak link that hampers the team due to bad equipment and perks.

All in all, it's another Assassin's Creed game. It makes some improvements, but it still the same formula for the most part. If you enjoyed past AC games, you'll probably have fun with this one as well.

Last edited:
Hey xIx EDGE xIx,
Was that your own personal review, or did you copy and paste that from somewhere?
I feel like I've read that exact same article somewhere...

Anyone else see that PS Now will have subscription based pricing soon? $19.99/month or $45 for three months. This puts them more in line with what Gamefly offers, but the thing I don't like is that the Gamefly games include recent releases where PS Now is mainly PS3 games. I really want to play through Uncharted and God of War 3 though. I will probably do the 3 month option and try to crack all of them out. I wish there was a discount for PS+ users.

Back
Top Bottom