Rainbow Six Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow demanding game that's all I have to say, hopefully patch 1.02 fixed a couple of things, I'll run fraps and see how singleplayer runs. Mp was a bit laggy with 16 people.

after i installed it, it said my cpu didnt meet the recommended specs( only min requirements). so i uninstalled it bleh.. going back to playing it at my friends 360 lol cuz im too cheap to buy my own =)

jjrodezno said:
after i installed it, it said my cpu didnt meet the recommended specs( only min requirements). so i uninstalled it bleh.. going back to playing it at my friends 360 lol cuz im too cheap to buy my own =)

It had an X for mines, Dual core Opteron 170, it also had an X for my friends X2 3800+. Just hit continue and then play it :D

will h4x 4 food said:
well im running it on 1280*1024....big difference there. im sure if i ran it at that res i should be fine. although it would look like crap on my 19in monitor.

How are you running it on that, that choice does not come up for me, it's *768 then 1600*1200. NO 1280*1024.

Unreal Engine 3 games need an 8 series card to run effectively. These benchmarks prove it.

http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?...s&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=279&page=1

Even the 7950GX2, which a few months ago people were debating whether the G80 would actually beat it, is strained at the lowly resolution of 1024x768.

Just like I used to rant about and people bashed me for it, you NEED a G80 based card to play Unreal Engine 3 games at their potential. A 6 or 7 series card doesn't cut it, unless you are satisfied with 1024x768 medium or lower, which those with LCDs might or might not want to do. So much for all those people talking about maxing out UT 2007 on their 6800GTs or even 7950GX2s for that matter.

I'm waiting until I upgrade my PC before I buy any UE3 games or any more games for that matter.

beedubaya said:
Unreal Engine 3 games need an 8 series card to run effectively. These benchmarks prove it.

http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?...s&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=279&page=1

Even the 7950GX2, which a few months ago people were debating whether the G80 would actually beat it, is strained at the lowly resolution of 1024x768.

Just like I used to rant about and people bashed me for it, you NEED a G80 based card to play Unreal Engine 3 games at their potential. A 6 or 7 series card doesn't cut it, unless you are satisfied with 1024x768 medium or lower, which those with LCDs might or might not want to do. So much for all those people talking about maxing out UT 2007 on their 6800GTs or even 7950GX2s for that matter.

I'm waiting until I upgrade my PC before I buy any UE3 games or any more games for that matter.

The 7950GX2 was not performing good because SLI and Crossfire support are not enabled in the game. But they may release a patch for the game to enable SLI.

In the benchmarks, the 7600GS was getting 32FPS on 1024x768 on highest quality, so the game is not that demanding as many people claim.

A 7600GT or 7900GS which cost less than $160 should run the game without a problem

Yeah, if you want to run 1024x768. Anything higher than that and you are screwed unless you have an 8 series card (maybe high end 7 series once they enable SLI support), like I predicted all along.

beedubaya is correct.

"In the benchmarks, the 7600GS was getting 32FPS on 1024x768 on highest quality, so the game is not that demanding as many people
claim."

I was suprised to see the gs get 32 fps too, but keep in mind this game is VERY cpu dependent and that was the 7600gs paired with an fx-62 and 2 gigs of corsair xms, on a P4 3.2 and 1 gig pc3200 and a 7600 gs your fps would be much much lower.

This is a poorly optimized straight port from Xbox. go to this forum for more detailed info. http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3801065024
there are so many problems in this game.... it needs serious patching soon or this game will be dead on PC. i like the game play but this is still a half completed game. (graphics-wise, looks only good in SP. since MP uses completely different graphics..almost look like 16 bit color... No PB support yet. No dedicated server support. so many CTD for palying MP. lots of ppl who has dual core cpu has problems running. various sound problems. worst chat system and GUI. so on and on.....) overall, IF UBI provides us decent patch soon, ths game really rocks. but until then this game is cheaters heaven (since anybody can edit .ini easily to even change the weopon strength and it works on MP....). and most importantly they have to fix the performance issue otherwise only ppl who has $3000 or above comp can play comfortably above 1024x768. (o ya...and no wide screen support yet either)

I just bought it on ebgames it was back ordered. I hope it runs smoothly on my rig i bet it will.

Cdub89 said:
I just bought it on ebgames it was back ordered. I hope it runs smoothly on my rig i bet it will.
You need to do some tweaking to make it run better. since this game isn't optimized well for PC yet. to give you the perspective, i have a single evga7800GTX512 w/ x2 4800+ at 2.8Ghz and 2x1G RAM, my max resolution it can go is 1024x768 shadow setting at low (this is important. since shadow makes lots of lag in this game) everything else at high. and i get average of 40-60FPS (which is a must for FPS..preferably above 80FPS but...I'm also the lucky one who can PLAY this game since lots of ppl even has better system than mine has problem running it.) thats how demanding this game is...or say how poorly optimized game this is...
and also if you are old school R6 player, this game might not satisfy you...this is more like R6-Lite. consoly arcadish action shooter than pure R6 tactical shooter. it's still fun though...just not pure R6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom