RAID setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I like RAID 0, because I think it will be helpful in the future when boot and load times seem to get longer as the computer gets older. 2 Raptors in RAID cost a total of $340. Not bad for great performance. If you need alot of storage, get the WD 750's.

I did not mean to suggest there is no benefit to RAID 0 in gaming, but the benefits are great with other applications, namely video editing.

Also, whether it is worth it depends on how much money you have and what you are doing on your computer.

Good luck in making your decision.

well HDD last for about 10 yrs or so, based on b1gapl told me so having them in RAID 0 isnt bad for that long.

it can last up to 10 yrs depending on temp of the air, the conditions, n the HDD itself having an average warm temp.

i would like to try RAID 0 but sadly i have no job yet n i cant get anything. Been without a job for a year. IT'S SO HARD TO GET A JOB WHERE I LIVE!! I live in Riverside, CA.

*EDIT*

sry im going off topic, i wish i had my computer up n running so badly n upgraded too. I backed it all up but hardly do gaming anymore, i play only MUGEN n Diablo 2. It's a burden for me not to have my own computer for so long.................GOD i need to get in touch with my friends again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom