radeon 5970

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD is cheaper, yeah. but i don't think the intels are worth the difference in price most of the time. plus, if he's overclocking, why not start with a cheaper proc in case he fries it?

It's almost impossible to fry a CPU nowadays (I've tried), they have a built-in Thermal Limiter that will shut the cpu off if it gets to hot.

AMD is cheaper, yeah. but i don't think the intels are worth the difference in price most of the time. plus, if he's overclocking, why not start with a cheaper proc in case he fries it?

No one's denying that AMD is better to save money, but Intel is the way to go if you want performance.

Also, it's very hard to fry a processor when overclocking as long as you pay attention to guides. Specifically to the part where they say "DON'T RAISE YOUR VCORE BEYOND 1.4V or whatever"

If he posts on the forum and just asks someone like Slaymate for overclocking advice, he'll have no overclocking problems at all.
*Props to SM's vast OC knowledge

EDIT: Didn't see your post there SM :p

yea-- game ---i just figure if im gonna spend anything i should just go for a GOOD system instead of wishing i had got something better in a few months down the road--- i wanna play crisis cranked--
or close to----but i dont want to be a total fool and spend a ton more on something that is only a tiny bit better than the alternative

i would like my budget to be 1500 but i will go to 2000 if it is worth it
--dont include keyboard , mouse , or monitor

you guys have been giving great advice--so if you have good ideas for a total build that would also be great

Give us your full budget, what you intend to do with your computer (apparently game.. lol), and what you need exactly (monitor, OS, etc..), and we can help you come up with an overall build... just to make sure you're not overspending in one area and skimping out on an important area.

lol- yea- def game--- i just want something good and i dont want to wish i got something better a couple months from now-- i would like to play crisis cranked up and some of the other new stuff--- i would like my budget to be 1500 but i will go 2000 if it is worth it to do so.... i dont need a monitor or keybord or mouse

you guys have given some great advice already and i appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom