Quick VelociRaptor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
there as fast as solid state drives you know that right? i wouldnt buy one of these either but if i wanted to spend 1k on a solid state drive id wrather get this.

i really don't get the point for raptors, sure your os will boot up a few seconds faster and what not but i really don't find the need....i'll stick with my 500gb 7200.11 32mb

note that it's not even available yet. the price is an estimate. i've already tried to find it for sale. for myself, I'll prolly change my setup *again* to utilize this HDD. I'm all about bringing on the performance lol

Well, considering how much Windows uses the HD, whatever your amount of RAM, it's very clever to get the fastest HD you can. Don't forget that swap file....

I consider that buying a Raptor X last year was one of my best purchases, the system just feels so nimble with it, it's very noticeable.

Anyway, to each his own, I know I'll eventually get one of the new ones. I don't think it's worth it to chane my current 10k RPM Raptor X, but when the day comes, I'll be happy to pay the extra. The AV content is one a 1 TB drive anyway.

if you want speed, buy scsi drives.

they blow raptors out of the water. or i guess out of your computer. teehee i made a geek joke.

difference between SCSI drives and other drives please? noticed the spin time (1500rpm) and the seek time on one drive (3.2) vs the velociraptor (4.45) so right off the badt better, but how much, and is it worth 3x the price ($1000 USD)? The SCSI drives I looked at averaged $3.33/GB, vs an estimated $1/GB off the Velociraptor, and about right at $1.1/GB for a Raptor X (going off newegg for prices)... and SSD's are between $10-20/GB! appearances come up as the SSD's have fast read times, but slower write times. so benifits? only for laptops I think.

I just like 1 big large drive....going to pick up a 1tb Samsung F1 at some point and sell off my current 320gb drive.

Loading a game 3/10ths of a second faster is not worth the money for me, when I could just pay for more space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom