Quick help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
This is doing my head in now!

since installing firefox when i start my pc then connect to the net(adsl modem) then click sign in on msn messenger it always comes up saying cant login because internet explorers web setting is set to "work offline", so i then have to open up I.E and turn it on for msn messenger to work.

It does this almost everytime i restart my pc:confused:

so your saying theres no way around this?

I dont understand why I.E changes itself from online to working offline on its own, its not like i switch the pc off from the wall before closing down I.E, i do it properly, set it to online and then click the cross to close it down, so in thoery it should stay on and not go to working offline :confused:

maroon1 said:
why do u click on work offline for IE??, just keep it online all the time

Where did i say i manually turn it to offline?! i didnt did i!:confused:

Im forever turning it online after restarts and thats it.

Use Trillian for your IMing.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Trillian_d680.html

That's the free version.

Trillian is a multi-network chat client that currently supports IRC, AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo! Messenger. It supports all of the features you've come to expect from a good IM client, including but not limited to docking, multi-line edit boxes, buddy alerts, multiple connections to the same medium, a powerful skinning language, easy importing of your existing contacts, skinnable emoticons, logging, "global" away/invisible features, and a unified contact list. Trillian is completely free with no nag screens or built-in ads.

That's how I use my IMs, including MSN Messenger, and still have no problems using Firefox. Plus, I can have all of them running at once within the one interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom