Question regarding Excel Macros

GLaDOS

In Runtime
Hello all,

I am helping someone develop a reporting tool in Excel. They want to use a Macro to automate some steps, but since I'm new to macros in Excel I thought I'd post 2 questions I had here:

1. The requirements for the macros (there are two) are pretty simple. The problem is, the Excel spreadsheet that is using the macros is being exported out of a website that tracks timesheets. The data is grouped by employee and underneath each employee is the list of clients they are working on. However, this list could be different from one month to the next and one of the requirements is that I sort the clients alphabetically. Can a Macro still work if the data source is not static in length?

2. This macro needs to be used by all the employees - can a macro be distributed to multiple Excel files? I've read up on this and it seems like there are a few options (distributing the macro as an add-on seemed to make the most sense) but I wanted to see what suggestions everyone here had.

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide any more detail. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom