Question about XP Service Pack 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

inertiacreeps

Beta member
I had problems with my computer last week, and thanks to some help here it was fixed. However, while I was having those problems I had borrowed my mother's computer.

Her computer is a couple years old and while I was using it I noticed it keeps giving Windows Updates that say she needs to have "Office XP Service Pack 3" downloaded. I've tried multiple times and it fails every time. The only thing I can think of is that McAfee is blocking it.

I just returned my OWN system to factor settings, pretty much the same computer, and it loaded Service Pack 3 for XP fine and the only difference is that I run AVG instead of McAfee.

I tried running through a few fixes on the McAfee forums (turning off virus scan, etc)...but it keeps failing.

Anyone have any thoughts about what I'm screwing up, and whether it may in fact be McAfee blocking it?

This is probably a pretty stupid question, but is there any way to just shut it down or do I have to uninstall it? Can I end all processes instead?

I guess my concern is whether or not when I uninstall it the subscription will be lost. I could care less it was my own computer (because I like AVG), but since it's not my computer, and someone else is paying for it I don't really want to remove it if possible.

Office XP SP3 and XP SP3 are two dif animals are you trying to install XP SP3 where it asks for Office SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom