Question About Visual Studio '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

markpelly

Baseband Member
I installed it last week and i think i forgot to include VB in the install. i was wondering if you guys knew of a way to install the VB components without having to reinstall the whole program?

The way VS works there is no way to upgrade or install original components on top of what's already installed. You'll have to start from scratch I'm afraid.

The way VS works there is no way to upgrade or install original components on top of what's already installed. You'll have to start from scratch I'm afraid.

for real? there isnt a way to install the VB part of the program without reinstalling?

I wouldn't be telling you if I wasn't serious :). VS needs all original components to be installed at the time of the initial installation. It's the same with upgrading it. The upgrade really isn't an upgrade at all, it simply an uninstall and reinstall of the entire program.

There's not much of a reason to other than maybe saving a few minutes and decreasing resource consumption during installation. You can save all your settings for VS and load them later and project folders are easily integrated on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom