Question about HL and HL2 plots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gear box? Gear Box doesnt have right to Half Life though...unless they bought then for Opposing Force. Even then the game wouldnt carry the same feel if it werent from Valve.

killians45 said:
oh, hell... so thats what half life source is??? Its a remake of the original half life using source?? Love to see that, would be so cool. I just figured it was an game engine editor.
HALF LIFE SOURCE is just a remake of the the ORGINAL HALF LIFE. The boys at VALVe REMASTERED there orginal creation. And it's only avalable in the HL2 COLLECTORS EDITION.

HALF LIFE SOURCE is just the orginal. It's does on contain to following 2 parts in that trilogy which was HALF LIFE : OPPOSING FORCES and HALF LIFE : BLUE SHIFT.

HALF LIFE : OPPOSING FORCES is where you are a US Marine getting sent in to Black Mesa as all XEN Breaks Loose.

HALF LIFE : BLUE SHIFT is a rather short chapter where you are Barney the Security Gear on another day down at Black Mesa. Now what do go wrong there????? ;)

There is no, I repeat NO, Opposing-Force 2.

Op4 and and TFC have been free distributions with HL for a while. The edition on Steam is not a sequal.

Many of the other mods (and game editions [Op4 and Blue-Shift]) have been put up on Steam, as well as re-vamped for the new Source engine. However, the only sequal currently out is HL2. The rest is stuff you've seen before.

ShoobieRat said:
There is no, I repeat NO, Opposing-Force 2.
I am talking about this product. I came out about 3 to 6 months after the ORIGINAL HL
halflif2.gif

PLZ IGNOR THE FILE NAME, I KNOW THAT THESE GUYS LABELED IT WRONGLY
:rolleyes:

ShoobieRat said:
However, the only sequal currently out is HL2.
Yes, I do realise this. However there was 2 other ORGINAL HALF LIFE EXPANSIONS that came did come along for the orginal HL. Opposing Force was one of them.

My orginal question was DO WE FIND OUT THE FATE OF THE MARINE THAT WAS IN HALF LIFE : Opposing-Force

GameGURU said:
I played opposing force, but wasnt impressed with it at all.
Ah Yes.... The killer wall of an end-boss at the end of that game. (NO CHALLANGE!!!)

I know what you're talking about. Someone mentioned seeing OP4 coming up in steam, with questions about new HL2 releases. Just making it clear that HL2 is the only new Half-Life program (save for all the Source'd stuff).

Anyway, as for your question, no, we don't. In HL2 there's no mention of Adrian Shepherd or the marines.

There's also no mention of anyone from Blue-Shift either. (I thought for sure we'd find at least one Otis stuffed away in HL2...maybe eating all the rations...lol)

GameGURU said:
Gear box? Gear Box doesnt have right to Half Life though...unless they bought then for Opposing Force. Even then the game wouldnt carry the same feel if it werent from Valve.

Opposing Force was made by Gearbox not Valve. Check the box and site. To put it in simplier terms, Valve "outsourced" the expansion of HL to Gearbox. This includes Blue Shift also. This is why you see no mention of Opposing Force on their website:

http://www.valvesoftware.com/projects.php

Instead both Blueshift and Opposing Force are on Gearbox's website.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/projects_hloppforce.html

The same company that ported Halo to PC.

But Valve still retains all intellectual property of the HL world.

Gearbox did a FANTASTIC job at Opposing Force. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve let them make Opposing Force 2 but I haven't seen any new games from them in a LONG time.

CS:CZ was also "outsourced" to other companies. Well sort of it moved from being developed by Gearbox to Ritual to Turtle Rock Studios with Valve giving input since they were very unhappy with Ritual. The deleted scenes is basically Ritual's work if I'm not wrong. If you played it you can tell why Valve was unsatisfied.

hu_xu said:
Opposing Force was made by Gearbox not Valve. Check the box and site. To put it in simplier terms, Valve "outsourced" the expansion of HL to Gearbox. This includes Blue Shift also. This is why you see no mention of Opposing Force on their website:

http://www.valvesoftware.com/projects.php

Instead both Blueshift and Opposing Force are on Gearbox's website.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/projects_hloppforce.html

The same company that ported Halo to PC.

But Valve still retains all intellectual property of the HL world.

Gearbox did a FANTASTIC job at Opposing Force. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve let them make Opposing Force 2 but I haven't seen any new games from them in a LONG time.

CS:CZ was also "outsourced" to other companies. Well sort of it moved from being developed by Gearbox to Ritual to Turtle Rock Studios with Valve giving input since they were very unhappy with Ritual. The deleted scenes is basically Ritual's work if I'm not wrong. If you played it you can tell why Valve was unsatisfied.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up, no wonder they werent as good as Half Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom