Question about Combofix

Status
Not open for further replies.

wachtn

Baseband Member
I was given the advice to uninstall Combofix after it did its thing. I want to know why? What is the harm is leaving it installed? What is the benefit of removing it?

Not at all. It's a powerful program, so they suggest you remove it after scanning. If its on your system and you dont scan with it, nothing will happen. It doesnt scan on it own.

Excellent! Combofix logs are extremely helpful in figuring out where the infection originated.
Thanks Osiris.

Excellent! Combofix logs are extremely helpful in figuring out where the infection originated.
Thanks Osiris.
Please note that Combofix log will remain even if Combofix is uninstalled
There is no reason to keep Combofix installed as you must use the current Combofix before running any future scans (if ever required again)

Therefore Start > Run > Combofix /u
The Combofix log will remain in c:\ComboFix.txt

Therefore Start > Run > Combofix /u
The Combofix log will remain in c:\ComboFix.txt
This didn't work for me....is it because I went Start > Search > Combofix > erased everything combofix?

Possibly ;)

But just in case, there is also one space after "combofix" in that command ie combofix /u
You can try copying and pasting that to a run command line

Also if you have originally downloaded Combofix to a user defined location (like a personal folder) You may need to path to it from there
To check, do a search for combofix.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom