Quake 3 Arena & Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

croSSeduP

In Runtime
Are these compatible? I just installed Windows 7 and flew my Q3 files over from the ext. hard drive and I haven't been able to get it to run yet. Started thinking that maybe Q3 is too old a game to run on W7. Thoughts? Thanks.

TG

Hi,

Quake 3 Arena should run fine in Windows 7.
...flew my Q3 files over from the ext. hard drive and I haven't been able to get it to run yet...
Did you just copy the Quake 3 program file folder over from a backup made from a previous Windows installation? If so, it won't run. You will need to re-install Quake 3 Arena from the installation files [from the disc].

You may need to install it again. But i believe i have Quake 3 running on Win7 from an external that was copied not installed....

I had it running on win7 but I installed it from the CD, most of my other games that are newer and some that are older play fine from the previous installed folders on my game drive, tho UT3 asks for the original CD key

I've run many games that are based on the Q3 engine on Windows 7, they've all run fine, I don't think Quake 3 should have any problems with Win7. The engine is 32 bit so it should work and it uses either DirectX or OpenGL (can't remember which), both are supported under Win7.

I play Q3:A on my netbook, in Windows 7 (only game that'll run on it :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom