putting windows on mac laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataemon_araki

Solid State Member
hello i just inharited a mac laptop from a fried of mine that passed away :( but i have no clue how to use one and have no use for a mac nothin against them or anything but i need a laptop if there any way i can put windows on it can i just like wipe the hard drive and load windows on it? and he worked at a school so they had to have him put restrictions on it and stuff and id like to restart it and take it all off so how would i do that can any one help me with that even if it lets me i dont know how to do it. and sorry for all the bad grammer and spelling

What laptop is this?

Chances are it's PowerPC-based, so no, you couldn't do that. If by chance it's a very new machine based on the Core Duo, you can.

Do you have the operating system install CD? If you don't, you'll need one for a clean install. In the meantime, you could format the drive and install Linux.

Supply the details and than we can give you more specific instructions.

As Qiranworms said If its power pc based (ex G3, G4) then you have to run mac os.

From the sounds of it you probably have a power pc based mac. (only the mac book and macbook pro are intel based if its called powerbook or ibook it wont run windows.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom