PSP Ampere Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
I bought an original PSPm but it did not come with a charger. I found a charger from an old iRiver lying around and it outputs 5V 2A. The power rating on the PSP say DC IN 5V on the bottom near the AC jack, but in the back under the battery it says DC 5V 1.2A. I don't own a battery either for it, but im pretty sure that those numbers is the output of the battery. I was just wondering if my 5V 2A AC adapter would damage my PSP with prolonged use. Ive used the psp for about an hour with that adpater already. I googled pictures of the official charger and i didn't see an ampere rating. I'm going to my friend's house so ill take a look at his adapter/battery and see. I also know that USB chargers are made for the PSP, so that might say something about its power.

The voltage is what would damage the PSP, as long as it is with in the tolerance that they designed for the 5v on the psp then you will be fine, but you also need to meet or excede the amperage, because electronics only use what it needs... Unless for some reason the psp may draw more than the 1.2.... Which would be incredibly odd...

get on craiglist and buy a psp charge for like 5$... just gotta go to their place. i wouldn't risk damaging my psp that way because the power thing is all confusing. but i did use my camera's usb for my psp but differnet story xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom