Psguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_learn

In Runtime
i need help.........i got this desktop hijack called psguard......for those who dont know..........it comes in with spyware, suddenly ur destop is changed, and u got an error that looks like its from windows askin you to check the errors, and is hyperlinked to download psguard.
anyway, i have it, i have gotten the some keys cleaned manually, and now i have this, i downloaded spysweeper, and tried to get the other ware out, i got all out except psguard, HELP

reboot in safe mode

scan with spybot, microsoft as, and adware

delete your cookies, tempp files, delete the prefetch folder in c:windows, the folder will regenerate itself on next boot up

then scan with hijackthis and post the log

my cookies are clean, temmp is clean........the prefetch is clean.........only i did not take the entire folder out.........this i did before postin it.....like i said.............i cleaned some of it myself........
spysweeper shows psguard with 3 parts to it , one inhkcl, and 2 in hkcr..........i delete one i dont find the other, on reboot is all there, hijack this did not show any thing suspcicous, but this stupid thing refusee to go...........

psguard is part of the Smitfraud infection and it's entrys and keys are protected. You'll need to run the following fix to remove it..

Download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.

Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.

Please download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Please read Ewido Setup Instructions
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT run a scan yet.

If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
  1. Restart your computer
  2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  4. Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.

Run Ewido:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.
  • You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
  • If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
  • DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
  • If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save report button at the bottom of the screen.
  • Save the report to your desktop
Close Ewido

Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut.
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.
Post the contents of the Panda scan report, along with a new HijackThis Log, the contents of smitfiles.txt and the Ewido Log by using Add Reply.

There are quite a few mallware imbedded in sites and in sofware, sometimes they will cooerce you into removing the problem using an aplication advertising that it can do the job, this application can be another mallware, sad but the sobs that pull this crap don't care.

As well, when you reboot into safe mode to scan, turn off system restore, be sure to turn it back on afterwards. When you get some windows seeming mesage, if there is a link, do not hit it, do a search first, if you cant shut it down use windows task manager, never hurt to be at least a little paraniod.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 8:36:04 PM, on 11/9/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
E:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
E:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
E:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
E:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
E:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
E:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe
E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
F:\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://E%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (E:\Documents and Settings\Nikhil\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\9b7hwm70.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0000CC75-ACF3-4cac-A0A9-DD3868E06852} - E:\Program Files\DAP\DAPBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: IDM Helper - {0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8} - D:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E271D002-9144-4840-B3CC-08E26AD23F6A} - E:\WINDOWS\System32\bogj.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: DAP Bar - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - E:\Program Files\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - E:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] E:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] E:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "E:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - E:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - E:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All Links with IDM - D:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IEGetAll.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with IDM - D:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IEExt.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Run DAP (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {88D969C0-F192-11D4-A65F-0040963251E5} (XML DOM Document 4.0) - file://E:\TempEI4\EI40_\msxml4.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{40863ECC-5ACE-4CB0-AD5B-795782513A57}: NameServer = 203.197.12.30 202.54.1.30
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] E:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] E:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "E:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - E:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - E:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All Links with IDM - D:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IEGetAll.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with IDM - D:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IEExt.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Run DAP (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {88D969C0-F192-11D4-A65F-0040963251E5} (XML DOM Document 4.0) - file://E:\TempEI4\EI40_\msxml4.cab

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running.

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Update your version of hijackthis and post a new log...

The reason your infected....

IMPORTANT!:

Before we can proceed any further, please visit the Microsoft's Windows Update Page and install ALL Critical Updates for your system (except service pack 2) (SP2). SP2 should only be installed on a fully disinfected system. At the minimum install at least SP1a for both XP and IE6. Without these updates your system is wide open to re-infection and we are both wasting our efforts to clean your system. After we have completed your clean-up, we will have you return to the Windows Update page and install SP2. We will also then advise you on how to better protect yourself online.

Please apply those updates BEFORE posting your next log. It is this forum's policy to stop the disinfection process until these basic updates are done. If during the updating process you get a message that your product key is invalid ....then you may not have a legitimate copy of Windows XP. Unfortunately itÂ’s also this forums policy that we only address users with a legal copy of Windows XP.... therefore if you can not update Windows XP to SP1 we must stop the cleansing process here.

**Note** If your having trouble locating the service pack SP1a here is a direct link to download it from..

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/4/f/54f8bcf8-bb4d-4613-8ee7-db69d01735ed/xpsp1a_en_x86.exe

Thank you for your cooperation.

yea......thanks.....i got it ...........i did what micro bell said..........and its gone.........just that ewido keeps messin with my net connection...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom