PS3 pricing and release date revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
Not only are the controllers wireless, back to the original shape with a bunch more buttons but they are also motion sensitive!!??

i know im soo ****ing happy they changed it back to the original shape plus they copied microsofts idea for the triiger button cause if you look close enough the r2 and l2 buttons look like triggers now or well will feel like them

Meh, the dualshock controller isn't that great. The tilt sensors might be cool, but I think the anolog sticks will give better control. I also HATE any FPS on the PS2 because of the anolog layouts. The 360 controller is the best controller I've ever used, the only problem with the origional Xbox S controller was that the white and black buttons were out of the way to press, now they replaced them with the "bumper" triggers it totally fixed the problem. Well it's at least better then the boomer rang thing they had before.

600 dollars is too much for a console. They should have just stayed with HD-DVDs which they completely passed up. You can pay 500, but who wants a watered down console? What the **** kind of game is going to use 25GB or 50GB on a disk? It might be great for backing up hard drives on a computer, but when were still using dual layer DVDs for our games now, blue ray is a tad bit overkill and over-priced is it not? HD-DVDs would be fine; this blue ray thing is just more useless crap to buy.

I think the 360 and Wii are much better choices then the PS3.

Bull the ps3 will own the other 2 I think. Its got more power, less lameass halo fanboys, backwards compatability (with some actual good games on old ones), and it looks cool.

PS3 is undoubtably, and by far, the most powerful and capable of the three consoles. It just costs more than the other two (Um...Duh...). I think the $500 price is fine when you think of the capabilities. Its not just supposed to be a console, these things are being marketed as home supersystems.

CrAzY_GaMeR_07 said:
they did?

They lost a court case for keeping the dual shock (and all vibration) for their controllers. Then they made up the story about it not working with the motion sensors. IMO all this has done is highlight how good the Nintendo controller is.

You think there is more power, but apparantly the processor is quite weak, I don't know, I haven't seen 3d 05 running on it.

I am watching MS's press conference now, (I have seen the Nintendo one and PS3.)

Trifid said:
They lost a court case for keeping the dual shock (and all vibration) for their controllers. Then they made up the story about it not working with the motion sensors. IMO all this has done is highlight how good the Nintendo controller is.

You think there is more power, but apparantly the processor is quite weak, I don't know, I haven't seen 3d 05 running on it.

I am watching MS's press conference now, (I have seen the Nintendo one and PS3.)
2 teraflops? that's far from weak, especially with consoles.

I was just passing on what I have heard over several forums. I can't be bothered to find it now, but it is not meant to be great at gaming, but doesn't the 2TF meant to say it will be great at running super Pi. :p

3 PPC Cores running at 3.2GHz each aren't even touched upon as far as their potential goes, in current games. The processor is more powerful that any overclocked Opteron.

I can't stand PS controllers, that is while they won't see a dollar of mine.

But computers are better anyways, can't stand consoles.

Rich_Franklin said:
Doesnt the ps3 play HD DVD...Id say its worth it. Better 3rd party games too.

Xbox 360 is HD DVD, PS3 is Blu Ray or Blu Ray 2, one them two... I heard Blue Ray 2 is in development or something... Not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom