PS3 price cut working already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no i piut that there to proove the ends statement (that no one cares abotu price they care about performence) is wrong and that peopel do care about price or else wed all be driving feraries. I did this to proove the end wrong with his own words.

this also comes down to the current games available for the PS3, Xbox 360, n Wii, n Wii is totally outselling PS3 n Xbox 360 sales. Nintendo is doing a great n smart job of selling the Wii, especially to casual gamers n to ppl who have never played games before, its working.

i bought the Wii somewhat mainly for SSBB, which i pre-ordered in-store at Gamestop a week or 2 ago. I own only the Wii n my PC, which is broken n i have no job or money yet to fix it.

With the 360 continuing to beat the PS3 in monthly sales, apparently a price cut a lone is not enough. What it needs are GAMES!

the 360 had a price cut aswell, and getting a premium for 350 is now hard to beat, and the elits is 499 wich is the same price as the ps3. If you own an hdtv and do not yet own a blue ray player or hddvd player go for a ps3, blue ray so far has alot more major titles then hddvd. if your looking to play games then get a ps3 the price should only limit you not choose a product for you.

actually for the first time ps3 sales surpass xbox360 sales looks like ps3 wil start turningthe tide untile 60gb runs out,butthen hopefully the 80gb will drop back down to 499 like its predicted to do so

not global monthly

According to industry analyst Michael Pachter, the PlayStation 3 finally outsold the 360 in July due to a combination of the E3 price drop and the 360's warranty announcement. His final numbers for the new consoles in July had the Wii on top as usual with 330k, the PS3 in second place with 160k and the 360 last with 115k . This represents a roughly 2x increase in PS3 sales compared to the month before.

Considering the price drop wasn't even in effect the entire month, it will be interesting to see what happens with PS3 sales in August. We're also finally starting to get games, which always helps out sales as well (though the only big title, Warhawk, is coming out at the very end of August). Of course the 360's price drop also went into effect, and their big games are starting to trickle out a little earlier so it's hard to judge what will happen. Hopefully Sony can keep the momentum up!

I love all these manipulated statistics, "logical" predictions, quotes from people who don't necessarily have the facts, and mis quotes.

Fact is wii has the most units sold, followed closely by 360. PS3 is far behind with a rather steady sales rate ... which isn't enough to overtake the 360 or wii as of now.

There's really not much more to talk about. People on all sides -- deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom