PS3 on PC Monitor 1080p issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringwraith

Solid State Member
Hey,

I am having an issue with my ps3 on my pc monitor.

I have a Samsung Syncmaster P2350, which supports 1080p and is HDCP-capable. I am using a DVI switcher, which advertised that it supported 1080p. I have an HDMI cable from the ps3 going to a HDMI to DVI converter which goes into the box, along with my pc DVI cable. Then a DVI cable from the box to the monitor.

The problem I am having is when I turn the settings on my ps3 to 1080p, the screen has 'noise' on it, a small amount, like small dots flashing, but noticeable enough to be irritating. When I watch Blu-ray movies, it flickers and there is a white bar across the bottom that flashes every 5 or 6 seconds. This is driving me nuts because 1080p looks so much better than 720p, which is what it is running at now. If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ring

If your monitor is truely HD compatible with 1080p then it is either a problem with the DVI converter box or one of your cables.

Sorry for late reply...

I don't think its the box because my pc is going through it and the 1080p works fine. With the ps3, 1080p goes through, but its all flashy and "noise" on the screen, so its not really viewable. It could be the HDMI cable that came in a cheap ps3 accessory package...

try the direct connection between ps3 and a HDMI cable

this will eithe diagnose which is at fault, the monitor or the switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom