PS3.... dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they overprice it, and the greedier they get, the more I hope they get what's coming to them.

The ps3 is not overpriced, you do realize that even if a good scenerio comes out for Sony they expect to lose close to a billion dollars from this initial release? I don't know about you, but that kind of makes me think that the system isn't overpriced. However, it might be a lot of money from your and many others perspectives.

The reason why they will lose soo much money, is because they said, "I know, lets build a CPU of our own!" I expect they will sell the processor off in a couple of years to make back their loss from making it.

Lets not forget it has a blue ray drive in it too.

Yah, that's obviosuly the reason. However, Xbox 360 lost money too. All consoles do on their release to make them feasable for the general public to buy advanced hardware at a good price.

Not many people are denying that the price of the PS3 is high, but I was just saying that it is not overpriced.

Also about the article, the source was just some random guy on an airplane as of now. He may be correct but this still isn't a fact.

Also from what I've been reading, a couple of government agencies are looking into the cell technology so I guess the trio who helped develop it will be making some money off of that.

Hmmm... Charlie Demerjian in Taipei is the reporter, and he is one of the few who are usually right on. As far as the source, it was a confidential source (remember, they are going to a Sony conference, and he was probably one of the said software developers). Anyhow, Charles has written some very good info columns and does not tend to BS. From what I've read, it looks like Sony is completely bipassing the local memory and having it all written to main memory... other sites state that the local memory will rarely used. I honestly hope not, because this will cripple the system. I tend to like the games on the xbox better compared to the pre generation PS/xbox wars, and will more than likely stick to my current 360, HOWEVER people have to realize that no competition leaves a stagnant market and does not drive inovative game titles. Sony couldn't live without Nintendo or MS (until another player enters the market), just as the others couldn't do without the competitor.

Yah, pretty good post killian. Yah, the reporter and even the inquirer usually never write BS. Those were some good poinst that you made at the end, it still gets me aggrivated when this fanboyism goes so far. People do need to realize that competition is always good.

I honestly have no idea what I will do if PS3 is delayed anymore, let alone completely canceled...this is depressing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom