PS3 Controller on Windows Vista/7 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can use a wireless ps3 controller via a usb-miniusb cord? Thats way better than the xbox since you gotta have a wired controller.

Say I wanted to use a ps3 controller on the last remnant, I would need some sort of emulation?

No you don't. I use my wireless Xbox controller.

why not just use good old KB and mouse. much moar percise.

Try flying a helicopter on GTA4 with the realistic handling mod, not happening.

Yes ofcourse keyboard and mouse is better for fps/rpg etc, and i can even drive nicely on gta4 - drifts and all. But you get in a helicopter (which i incidentally love to fly) and it's ridiculous.

The controls are: W = power up. S = power down. A=Turn nose to left, D= Turn Nose to right. numpad 4 = bank left, numpad 6 = bank right. numpad 8 = nose forward, numpad 5= pull back. You should try it useing them controlers, it's very hard - with the handling mod. It's not to bad without it.

I gave up getting it to work and am just going to order the Xbox 360 controller for windows.
However, i did get it to work on my desktop ;) which is fun.

Oreo do you have a Xbox360? If so you can just use that controller (wireless or wired). Just get the wireless receiver for windows , cheaper then a new controller.

I think he sold his 360 when he got a PS3. All he needs is a controller, though. Using the USB wired controllers would only cost like $30 and the cable is plenty long.

Yeh, sold my 360. Bought a PS3. So glad :D

Anyway... ordered a Xbox 360 controller for windows off amazon. £17 for the wired one, can't wait!.

Try flying a helicopter on GTA4 with the realistic handling mod, not happening.

Yes ofcourse keyboard and mouse is better for fps/rpg etc, and i can even drive nicely on gta4 - drifts and all. But you get in a helicopter (which i incidentally love to fly) and it's ridiculous.

The controls are: W = power up. S = power down. A=Turn nose to left, D= Turn Nose to right. numpad 4 = bank left, numpad 6 = bank right. numpad 8 = nose forward, numpad 5= pull back. You should try it useing them controlers, it's very hard - with the handling mod. It's not to bad without it.

I gave up getting it to work and am just going to order the Xbox 360 controller for windows.
However, i did get it to work on my desktop ;) which is fun.

yes, i agree. it is VERY hard to fly the choppar in GTA IV. but i re-mapped the controls a bit so it's alot easier for me.

O/T: just wondering what kind of FPS do you get in GTA IV at what settings and res?

yes, i agree. it is VERY hard to fly the choppar in GTA IV. but i re-mapped the controls a bit so it's alot easier for me.

O/T: just wondering what kind of FPS do you get in GTA IV at what settings and res?

Cool.

Oo, erm. I've not really looked at the FPS so much..i know it's always smooth. Not a hint of framerate drop. I looked at it for a bit when xfire decided to overlay onto gta4 and told me what fps i was getting.. was between 40 and 60 most the time, occasionaly dropping to 30ish.

Playing at 1650x1080 and the memory thing says i use 495mb/512mb or something. To be honest, i find most of the settings make little FPS difference because the culprit of a bad framerate on gta4 is a dual core cpu. My friend has a quad core with just a 8600GTS and his fps is only like 5fps slower than mine @ 1440xwhatever it is.

hmm, intersting. dont you have a q9550? that's what it says in your sig.

i get around 40-60FPS. with the settings on highest and the draw distance set to 40. sometimes the FPS will dip in to the 20FPS range but that when i am on a 6 star pursuit.

Yeh i have a Q9550. I was saying its a problematic game if you only have a Dual Core, and i was saying how my friend has a Q6600@Stock with a rubbish GPU and gets similar fps to me.

Interestingly, my fps doesnt seem to have any correlation to whats happening on the screen. My fps will drop at random times in random places, but often perfectly high when lots going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom