Project "Road Cone" Complete! (56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikaricloud

Golden Master
Actually, it's been done for a while, I just didn't have the photos until now, lol.

This is my "new" folding machine! PROJECT ROAD CONE!
rc1.jpg

Here are the specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @ 2.0ghz (for now)
ECS K7S5A Socket A
2x 128mb PC-133 (I may throw in my old DDR400 sticks later, since it supports both types.)
Some old ATI Radeon 7 series. Can't remember what exactly. I think it's 7100 or something.
Seagate Medalist 4gb 5400RPM IDE HDD
Random LG 52x CD Drive
Nameless floppy (going to be flashing BIOS soon to overclock)
Some 250w PSU

As you can see, it's a decent sized machine.
rc2.jpg

As some of you may have guessed, it's an old Gateway 2000 tower.
rc3.jpg

Here's a look at some of the guts:
rc4.jpg

rc5.jpg

Close up of the mobo model:
rc6.jpg

And a nice size comparison:
rc7.jpg

It also makes a good end table. I think I may use it for that when we move.

So yeah, obviously folding is going to be slow on this, but not much slower than my 3200+ now, and every little bit helps. And I loved this orange case and wanted to do something with it.

So...VIOLA!

every bit helps, but the amount of power it will use kinda out weighs it's usefulness. Unless you don't care about that,. then fold on...by the way, that case is hideous.

Yeah, Rican said the same thing. Until I move, it will be sitting in a shop that has the electric figured into the rent already, so it won't really matter then.

When I move, it's not going to boost my electric that much, it's a small machine barely powering anything. I doubt the increase is really going to make much of a difference.

Could just get an el cheepo pci-e mobo (if it's not already ?) and bung a 2nd hand 8600 or 8800 in there, make it worthwhile...

I plan on making a folding rig. I can't be doing with folding on my PC. It annoys me for some reason.

I was just going to get a very crap pc and replace the mobo with a sli one and put two nvidia cards in there in a few years when i have a job :)

whoa! that's a huge case. you could literaly use that thing as a road cone lol. did you paint that your self? pretty wicked looking. now it needs blue flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom