Programs you have.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puma, can you give us links to your games that you've made?

I'm a bigtime PC gamer so I'd love to see your talent..

Yea Ill have to ask the person I made the scanner for first cuase he payd me. I used a little bit of VB and some C++.

I dont have the games hosted online yet but when I do ill post the links.

O well it isnt my idear. It was someone elses im just helping this person make the prog. absolutly NO INFORMATION can be leaked in any way about PROJECT X. O and it isnt moronic its a good idea and people would pay good money for this idea but of coarse it inst mine to sell.

Yeah you would be stupid to tell everybody about your idea. They could then go and get a patent or copyright it or something like that; then all your hardwork was for nothing and they will get all the money. I am also big into programming and i know that people steal ideas all the time, people are lazy they don't want to think when someone has done it for them.

It is like Google shouting to Microsoft that they have an idea that will put them out of business, if Microsoft knew about it while it was in the development stage they would do all they could to come out with a similar product before Google.

So it is moronic to go and tell everybody all your good ideas because they will steal them and prevent you from using them. This is the real world, not some fantasy fairy tale.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude. I just get kind of tired of people who say, "I've got the next idea for a program or game that anyone would steal if they got the chances. This program will be the SHIT, it will revolutionize the world. It will be HUGE." But then they never end up finishing it, or they do come out with it and realize it's not as big a deal as they would have liked to believe.
So I don't mean to be mean, it just frustrates me some because I see it ALL THE TIME :)

EDIT:
I just read gab00n's post, and I would like to re-phrase what I'm saying.
Companies don't steal ideas unless it's a threat to their own company. And I'm guessing that two kids on the internet will not put MS out of business. Besides, patents are EXPENSIVE and hard to get. So I highly doubt that these two people will get one for this "Master Mystical Program". Not to mention the fact that people don't steal ideas that often in the real world. Yeah, corps steal ideas from each other, but not from two punk kids.
The world you live in is a fantasy where everybody is out to get you and steal your idea.
I'm almost willing to bet that your idea has been done sometime somewhere before. And if it hasn't there is probably a very good reason.
If I'm wrong, prove it.

Yeah i know i have heard it to, "dude i will sell it for $350 million" but i have yet to see one of them get it done. I have plenty of good ideas the hard part is turning them into code. I am first finishing college only then will i concentrate on making some cool programs.

Meh, I'm not expecting you to tell, I understand it's not yours to tell about. I'm simply stating that UNLESS you ARE planning on getting a patent after you release "your big idea" you'll be just as out of luck then if someone stole (which they wouldn't) then if you told people before you came out with it.
Also, on another note about patents, just because you have one doesn't mean people can't steal it. It just means that you have the right to sue (and POSSIBLY win). So honestly, do you think you'll be getting a patent? If not, then there is no reason to fret because you're unprotected either way.

People do steal stuff, i had two friends who made some really cool sigs and some idiots copyrighted them so my friends had to make new sigs. If people are dumb enough to do that then i am sure they will do the same to a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom