Programs Stalling in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
That means that so far no errors were found. Doesnt mean that none can be found. That is why it is suggested to run it for roughly 4 hours so it can make several passes.

They already posted the guides for spyware and all that.

That means that so far no errors were found. Doesnt mean that none can be found. That is why it is suggested to run it for roughly 4 hours so it can make several passes.

They already posted the guides for spyware and all that.

Ok, I will wait and post a pic when it's been running at least 4 hours. Sorry about that.

Afterwards I'll start the spyware list.

Here is the new screenshot. Still no errors. So what now?

1130082309.jpg

Can you guys see this or do I need to take another one?

No errors. Your RAM is fine. Might be a bugged Vista install.

Okay?

Vista can run fine for years. I had a install going for at least 18 months and then a single software install did that to me. I installed something that wasnt compatible and Vista just went south from there.

All it takes is a single install of a bad driver, software or a crash of a driver to start the cycle of Vista going bad.

I would reinstall. But that is me.

Have you completed the spyware / virus checks we suggested previously?

What was the result of the Vista mem test?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Okay?

Vista can run fine for years. I had a install going for at least 18 months and then a single software install did that to me. I installed something that wasnt compatible and Vista just went south from there.

All it takes is a single install of a bad driver, software or a crash of a driver to start the cycle of Vista going bad.

I would reinstall. But that is me.

I hadn't realized that. I guess I'll reinstall as soon as I try the spyware/virus removal list.

mail

So, I recently reinstalled Vista, and everything has been running fine.

But now, all of a sudden, I've started getting this. Windows starts to load, but then a screen comes up where it seems to be scanning through files. It does fine, until it hits the 6011th file. winmail.exe. This screen is all I see until I turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom