Problems With Unreal and UT2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know my machine isn't smokin, but I should be able to play UT2004 or at least the origional UT without issues. When I load UT2004 the mouse control is choppy and sometimes the lag between a movement command and the actual movement can get to 4 sec.
My machine is:
AMD Athalon XP 3000+
NF7-S Board
1 gig DDR miscellaneous ram
ATI Radeon 9550 256 meg gpu

Running WinXP sp-2, 17" LCD monitor

All advice appreciated.

Namaste.

I am not sure what the problem is....but I believe your machine should run the game on medium settings at 800x600 resolution anyway.

Update your GPU Drivers.
Update your Direct X.

I really don't see any reason why should would be lagging.

My previous computer was very simulare, and i had no problems with running UT2k4.

Update your GPU Drivers.
Update your Direct X.

I really don't see any reason why should would be lagging.

My previous computer was very simulare, and i had no problems with running UT2k4.

I agree - that machine should be able to run UT2K4 with no lags. Is this during online play? If so, your ping could be high, which would cause this. If its offline, see what the FPS are by hitting the ~ and typing stat fps, and let us know what you're getting. Around 30-40 should be playable with no lag.

The average FPS appears to be around 42, however, it is not graphic-lag, or even gameplay lag. The issue seems to be imput lag. I will be moving, through the game, and I will use the mouse/keyboard to imput direction change etc. and the game moves along like I didn't do anything. Then anywhere from 5-10 seconds later the imput will be accepted and the charecter/vehicle will respond. Then the game will play fine for 4-10 minutes, then the imput lag will occur again. Back in the day I would have said it was a keyboard buffer issue, but I don't even know if that exists, anymore.
Eugene.

I have heard of this happening when more than one input device was plugged in to a USB port. If you have anything besides the keyboard or mouse plugged in, remove it and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom