Problems with 8RDA+ and Radeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

punami

Beta member
Disclaimer: This is not meant to be in English...its just the beginning and ending of thoughts.

Ok......Well it all started one day about 5 months after I have had my Radeon 8500 installed. My computer started to crash and reboot while playing OpenGL games mainly Counter-Strike. The errors I would get would be device driver errors. I've tried every single driver and still the same problem.

So I went out and bought an ATi Radeon 9800 because I liked the performance of my 8500. Now it is still doing the same thing. So I turned off the auto-matic reboot so it actually shows a blue screen now. Sometimes its a weird IRQ error and sometimes its says something about memory dump somewhere towards the bottom.

Then I'm playing one night and boom it shuts down. Will not boot back up. After about 10-15 minutes it would POST but then it would hang just before the Win XP loading screen.

I'm frustrated. So since my motherboard was just barely still under warranty I went and got it replaced. Now it boots up first time. But I am still getting the Blue screens and the first one was straight BLUE no text.

Maybe the memory right? Swapped the 512 I had with kingston 512mb from work. Same damn thing. So now I have a new board, new video card and new memory and I'm right where I started if not worse.

Now I decided to update the BIOS on my board using EPoX's Magic FLash Util to the the most updated BIOS (2/12/04). Since I did that it says on my magic health (this happened only twice) that my RPM's on my CPU fan were > 1000 but climbing slowly. Didn't want to risk a meltdown so i shut it down for awhile and when i came back atleast the RPM's were back up.

Also after the BIOS Flash I now get Floppy Controller errors but I am able to continue on to Windows. But my computer still crashes. Sometimes in 2 minutes sometimes it takes 2 hours. Most of the time its about 3-5 times an hour when I'm using it to play games or anything that taxes the machine.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom