Problem with wireless internet on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedub

In Runtime
I had my laptop sitting out the other day and it was working fine, until my dad decided to use it, and now it can't find our wireless network in the house. He said he didn't do anything much when it stopped working for him. I have no idea why i can't find the wireless connection in our house, my laptop is only a couple months old, so I don't think it's the wireless card. Do you guys think that maybe the wireless router just happened to go bad at that time? Or could it be something else that I'm overlooking.

I have a Gateway laptop with a Realtek RTL8185 wireless adapter. We are also using a Linksys router, if that helps any.

Go into msconfig and turn on all the gateway startup entries. If that doesn't work then do a system restore to before the problem started. I have noticed the same thing on a few laptops I worked on. It turned out to be the loader for the oem software package.

Thanks for the reply, I will try that once I get home. I also tried a system restore and that didnt' seem to help, but hopefully what you suggested will.

Hey, your advice worked out great bud. I'm not sure what I turned on, but my wireless connection works now.

I think this should be made a sticky, I have the feeling there is a lot more people out there with the same problem.

I have thought about it more today and I bet you it was closer to 10 laptops I ran accross with this problem. The worst thing about it is I don't know why the loader has to be activated because it also loads a whole pile of junky software as well.

But no problem glad I could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom