Problem with Sharing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkShdw88

In Runtime
Please Help! Problem with Sharing!!!

hey i have a problem sharing folders on xp pro after i installed a dodgy program and it disabled windows firewall and wouldnt let me get back into it. i found a site to reinstall/reset the firewall but now i cannot access any of my shared folders but i can access folders from my other computers. i dont really want to repair my installation at the moment but i will if nobody knows whats going on.. ive done plenty of antivirus and antispyware scans with nothing coming up and checked on hijackthis but its all clear.. i dont no what the problem is?

when other computers try to connect to a shared folder they display the error: \\ABC\123 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have access permission.

yeah i have unshared/shared the folders again and it reset the permissions but i still have no luck.. and the dodgy program was uninstalled about a minute after it was installed

i have actually got sick of the problem so i repaired xp and guess wat.. stil didnt do anything! so then i thought maybe an upgrade will fix it so i upgraded and still cannot connect to shares from other computer!

thanks for your help so far..

i have a feeling it may be a setting in the group policy editor but do not know where abouts in it

If I were you, at this point i would reformat.
There may be other options, but at this point, I can't think of any.
Btw: I take it you already tried re-running the network setup wizard.

Just had a thought. Delete all the entries of your dodgy program in the registry (be sure to make a backup first).

Can you access the computer by \\ipaddress\c$ ?
Can you even see them through your Network Places ?
Do you have the correct accounts on all machines ?
Can you even ping the other machine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom