problem with my homenetwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

at my home I have a PC that's got a cable connection to my router and I also use a laptop that is connected through WIFI.
I used to be able to access files of the PC from my laptop and vice versa easily, play mp3 files, or watch clips, etc.
Since about a week or so all of a sudden this is not working flawlessly (or at all) anymore. It is very sloe to connect to the PC form my laptop to open and view folders, let alone to open files. Sometimes it won't even connect at all.

I tried resetting the router (switched it off and took it off the power for 30 sec), but it did not do anything.

If this helps, my router is a Netgear model WNDR3700

Does anybody have a suggestion what could be causing my problem and how to solve it?

EDIT: I just tried something, I switched off the Wifi on my laptop and hooked it up to my router with a LAN cable, all of a sudden all is fine. So this to me seems to be an issue with the WIFI / WLAN.

any ideas?

thanks,
Lars

Last edited:
I always connect my devices to ethernet (when possible) so that it can guarantee a connection since WiFi can be iffy at times. I would try updating the firmware on your router if there's a new version available and also update your wireless driver on your laptop if you want to go the wireless way, otherwise hardwired is the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom