problem with LAN game

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyito

Beta member
hi all, as what the topic says, I can't see and join others' (those who are at somewhere around the world and not my house mate :p ) games but I can if that person is my house mate.

I used to be able to join others' games. Is it because the hosts of those games that I could join were living in the same country as I am? Or is it something else? Can anyone tell me the reason? Thanks. :happy:

Wel it anit a lan problerm, Local Area Network whihc u will have in your house, the prob will be with ur security, like if you have firewalls you need to enable access or if you have a router then you will need to open ports, n windows firewall which comes with sp2 you might not know it is on but u need to enable internet access with your game.

Thanks for your reply. =)

If my firewall is on, I can't see my house mate's game too isn't it? Btw, what does open ports mean? And how can I do that?

Warcraft III.

Yes, I can access the net. Where is the support forum?

I'll try to port forward. Thanks. :)

Okay, thanks.

Btw, I tried to port forward and encountered some problems.

1) Instead of 'port forwarding', what i got was 'virtual server'. Are they the same?

2) When I clicked it, this was what I got. What's the private IP column for?

3) I feel like something is missing. Where is this?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm just not that good in this kinda things. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom