Problem transferring files from the PC to Buffalo LinkStation NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I tried couple of thing over the weekend and it further baffles my mind.

1. I tried bypassing the Linksys hub and that did not resolve the issue.
2. I could not find anything in Zone Alarm that allows opening the port.
3. I Configured the LinkStation as FTP client and to my astonishment I was able to upload and download files pretty quickly. The download speed was 1.2Mbts and the upload speed was 900Kbts. I was able to upload a 200MB file in 6min and download the same file in 3 min.

Yet trying simple transfer of the same file from hard drive to network drive is taking hours.

Have you tried dis-abling zone alarm completly on that PC to see if it makes a difference?
What about if the PC is plugged DIRECTLY into the NAS?

Dis-abling zone alarm completly did not solved the problem. I was only able to connect the drive to PC via the USB and the transfer were quick 4 min for 280MB file.

Dis-abling zone alarm completly did not solved the problem. I was only able to connect the drive to PC via the USB and the transfer were quick 4 min for 280MB file.

that wouldn't have solve as zone alarm has this vector thing will keep those settings on even when it's disable.

I think that you will be able to access it the regular way if you uninstall zone alarm.

I learn that using zonealarm and a highly customize network isn't a good idea. sometime to open something up right in ZA, you have to configure 3 or 4 different settings for one chore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom