problem opening port's for Azureus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjukken

In Runtime
Not sure if its aproperate to ask about this here. (Lets say i use this prog to down legal files)

I heard and readed that the dfault port on azureus 6881 is not a good chois.

So i changed it to 65535. and sett it to both up and down.

So i take the NAT test. and gets OK.

but speed is slow. like 8KB/s. And im used to speeds up too 100KB/S with DC++.

Ofc this happened when the file is 85% down.

got this eror msg: UPnP: Mapping 'Incoming Peer Data Port (TCP/65535)' failed.

no remember i have the port open. And the NAT test said ok.

Router is D-Link

Oh and the private ip is correcte. Just checked it now for 60th time.
All looks to me ok in the router. And the NAT test stil says ok. on the 60th time..

Any clues... Frustrating. dont wana start all over on this file...

Edit Just tried another port 49155 same here slow speed..
Does things change imidetly. or shud i wait a few houers?

I have forwared the ports. and changed to difrents ports.

The NAT test in azureus is suposed the check the ports. to see if they are open. (according to Azureus faq)

P2P programs vary greatly in download speeds. Is it possible that it's not your fault, and that the file you are downloading is just heavy with people at the moment? It could be the other end.

that i know. but torrents is about downing from morw than one user.
now it seems that i cant geet the tracker and therfor not be connected to all useres.
i also geet then error mesg. even when i know its open.

tho im not espesaly fond of torrents i wud like to finish this file.
normaly the few mb left shud take less than an houer. now it wud take a day or two :(

how many seeds are on the file? When you get to the end of a file, its normal to have slower speeds as not every person downloading has all of the file...only the seeders do.

try another torrent with many users, see what speeds you get.

ill take a look att other files.
I did change client to µTorrent
It helped some att the speed. but the ikon here got this stop signe on it.
and yeah i did change the ports to µTorrent settings.

but ill se if i find any torrents whit lots of seeds.

Tho the file im downing had 200. but now it only finds like 4.
where did all go? :(

Edit: back to first client again.
appers like all users stop seeding. only a few left..
tho i had to delet all clients and do a reg clean. befor the new instal accepted the port i have opened... weird..

atlest now i got "green face" but slow speed.
Doubt ill continue using torrents after this file is finished...

Here is what I do with Azureus. I changed the default port, the same as you to port 54885 (just random). On my router I opened up ports 54885-55885. This just gives the extra ports in case Azureus wants to use them. I find it has helped me. You dont have to change anything in Azureus, just on the router. That port you see in Azureus is just the listening port, and although I havent seen it documented, the extra ports seemed to help me. Just my thoughts.

Brain said:
Here is what I do with Azureus. I changed the default port, the same as you to port 54885 (just random). On my router I opened up ports 54885-55885. This just gives the extra ports in case Azureus wants to use them. I find it has helped me. You dont have to change anything in Azureus, just on the router. That port you see in Azureus is just the listening port, and although I havent seen it documented, the extra ports seemed to help me. Just my thoughts.

how do you open those ports up on the router?

I connect to the router config. In there, I believe it is called Virtual Server, and I specify the port range. Im not at my home right now, so Im just going off by vague memory. Also, I select both UDP and TCP just to be sure. Also, there is an applications tab that I clicked to allow the ports to be opened for Azureus. So I basically added the ports in the Virtual Server, aswell as the Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom