Problem installing Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I loaded up the drivers by pressing F6 and after it formats it tells me UlSata.sys cannot be copied. What the **** do I do lol? I have never seen this before.

That looks like a driver for the SATA Drivers but it looks like the wrong one. That is a system file and it needs to be a .inf file to load the drivers properly.

If you can give us the make and model of your mother board we might be able to help you find the right one.

Can you give a link to the page where you got the old drivers? I have searched for that mother board and found nothing on the Asus site.

I got it off of Alienwares website from when the guy first bought the machine, let me get the login credentials and than I will show it to you.

PM SENT

Alright i checked it out and there was 2 files i seen. Not knowing exactly the mother board in use there is a possibility of 2 files that could work. I sent you the information. Let me know the results.

Sure thing. I will be here to try and assist.

Alright give me a day or so to take a look at the information provided again and see if i can come up with a solution for you.

In the mean time there is something else you can try.

Go into the BIOS Setup. Most likely F2 or the Delete key during the initial boot. When in there check the SATA Drive settings. Turn off ACHI mode and turn on IDE mode. See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom