Problem Installing Vista and 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tool462

Baseband Member
Hi guys, a bit to read, but you were bored anyway, yes?

I am having a lot of trouble installing Windows 7 here. This is what i have done so far:

Tried installing by booting from the disc, got to where it says select language, then the next screen says "Install Now" and I click it.
A couple of seconds after that, I can't move the mouse at all, and the computer is frozen.
When this happens, there are 6 little phase LED's near my RAM slots that all light up from green to red.
I have 2 x 2gb DDR2 800mhz Zeppelin sticks, so I took one out, and it still happened.
Then I tried disconnecting everything except my monitor, keyboard and mouse and it still happened.

So, then I tried installing it from Windows XP, (Put the disc in while XP was running).
This worked slightly better, it copied some files over, then it restarted and got to the stage where it has a list of things that the installer is doing and its completion percentage. (I don't know if that description of that screen makes sense :p
Now I only tried once, but in the late first/early second stage of the process, my monitor just turns off.
It goes black, then says no signal, then goes on standby and the computer is still running.

Now I remember this happened to me last time I tried to install Vista about 6-8 months ago and I gave up, so now i'm posting here hoping someone can help me

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
Proc: Q6600 no OC
GFX: NVIDIA 9600 GT

If you want more info just ask.

Phew! Thanks for reading, Jim

hey! cheers for replies.

i've tried using 2 other ram sticks = nothing
tried different graphics card = nothing
unplugged my other hard drive = nothing
tried another 2 monitors = nothing
tried using one stick for the different rams = nothing

(didn't bother with memtest cause the other 2 sticks did the same)

and no, not overclocking anything at all

cheers guys, ;)

Are you trying to install the 32 bit or the 64 Bit? If you read around some report that it can take up to 15 minutes for the 64 Bit to reach the install screen and start copying files over. How long did you wait before you said it was a failure?

I'm installing the 32-bit version, and this one too takes about 7-10 minutes or so to reach the very first part of the installation, after I "press any key to boot from dvd"
after I press "install now" thats when the phase leds come on and she freezes up.
oh and i forgot to say, I didn't realise it was frozen the first time i tried installing, so i just let it go, and the EULA part came up where you have to checkbox "I accept", but i couldn't accept because my mouse and keyboard were frozen.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom