Problem connecting to Internet within computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
not reallly, just make sure it is compatible with xp and plug n play (99% of them are) linksys, 3com, smc are pretty popular
any other problems just let me know
good talking to you

Ok. I bought a new D-link NIC 10/100 plug and play, and it STILL doesn't work! Any ideas? Please? I'm really #$@!ing pissed right now.

Can you list off all of the hardware info you currently have. Motherboard, NIC's and all that. I want to get some more ideas...

Motherboard, can't tell you that one...whatever comes with a dell.

GFX CARD:
GeForce 5700LE 256mb
(ok, that's probably not needed, but i'll show it off anyway)

PROCESSOR:
1.7Ghz P4

RAM:
1 gig of DDRAM

NIC:
D-Link DFE-530TX+
(as opposed to the previous CNET PRO200WL, that I replaced, and it still didn't fix it)

ROUTER:
SMC Barricade SMC7004VBR

DSL MODEM:
Speedstream 5360

OTHER INFO:
The problem occured around the time I installed Joint Operations:Typhoon Rising, which didn't work right, then, obviously, didn't work at all.

The DSL connection listed in network connections is trying to connect through a Wan miniport, which in my driver manager, shows up as a icon with a little black ! in a yellow circle next to a card icon.

The other computers connected to the system are a Xbox(not a computer, really:unresolvable IP, as expected), and a Dell 4550 running XP, these both work fine with the internet. Right before the internet on my computer went blam, when I was connected to the router, my dad's internet would lock up. He disconnected/connected me to the router a few times, then the last time, it didn't work right. So the problem is probably in my computer.

Damn, long post I got myself here.

What model Dell is it? That way I can find the info...
The Wan Miniport could be the problem. That black/Yellow ! is telling you there is a problem.

Also, are you running the DSL software\ppoe connection stuff on your machine?
if you are, then stop. You shouldn't need to do that if your router is setup to send the info out to the ISP. I suspect that may be where the problem is. The PPOE is only needed once, and then the router passes the information out to your machine so that it can browse.
At least that is what I remember. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom