Power Adapter stops responding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

In Runtime
I have had this problem.. I think, 3 times now. For some reason, my power adapter stops sending juice to my PowerBook. The adapter it's self has a solid connection into my power strip, and the strip is firmly connected into the wall. The only way to get it to send juice to my computer again is to unlug the adapter from the power strip, and then plug it back in. Then the light turns back on where the power cable plugs into my computer, and my battery meter in the top of the screen tells me it's charging. It has happened 3 times in the almost 4 weeks that I have had the computer. Anyone else have/heard of that problem?

Ive never had such a problem but sometimes power adaptors just get old and you have to kind of wiggle the connector around or unplug/replug to get it to send juice.

"PowerPak..."

g5orbust said:
Ive never had such a problem but sometimes power adaptors just get old and you have to kind of wiggle the connector around or unplug/replug to get it to send juice.
I was just about to say that. AND get a new adaptor... :) :cool:

I got this thing new from Apple in August, guys. I've also assured that nothing can touch my power adapter to make it come loose. Like I said, it just randomly stops sending electricity. I have to un-plug it from the power strip, then plug it back in. Nothing is wrong with the power strip (I have tried other positions on the strip to make sure, and the same thing happens), further more everything else that's plugged into the strip works fine. My old laptop is a Dell that I purchased in 1998, I still have the original ac adaptor for that, and never had anything like that happen (I also tend to be pretty anal about taking care of my equipment).
Also, sometimes the led light where the cable plugs into my powerbook is amber (like right now) and sometimes it is green. It doesn't seem to have any correlation with battery status. Right now my battery is at 99% charge, and it's amber. Last night (when I was also at full charge) it was green...? The more I think about it, the more it seems like I have a faulty adapter.

*And for the record, it's happened twice more since my original post.

I'd say you got a faulty adapter. Take it back with your warranty papers, and you'll get a new one. :)

If its new, then send it back and get a new one free under warranty. Though you may think so, Apple, like all companies, doesnt always sell flawless stuff. If it doesnt work, theyll fix it.

Yes... I would just consider it an "isolated incident" and not hold anything against the company :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom