Potentially the longest thread in history...

^ Ansible and a local apt cache ftw :tongue: Though I don't do the local apt cache anymore. Just ansible. packages are so small it really doesn't matter.

I have auto import scripts for my linux containers and VM's so they're auto-added to ansible and set to apt-get update and apt-get upgrade every night
Yea hard pass on that. No reason to pay money when it's already automated and not an inconvenience.

Started making a custom portable BT speaker/boombox today, couple 15W speakers + a 40W sub :D should beat the crap outta the usual tinny portable BT setups. I'm using some lithium batteries from the boss's old drone to power it so I can crank it for at least 12 hours without needing a recharge. All in all it should be a sub $100 build. Most of the parts are still gonna take a few weeks to get here though :/ I'll do a project thread when they arrive

I don't know why but it just hit me hard that 2020 is basically only 2 years away. You see headlines all the time about how self driving cars will arrive around 2020, how AR will arrive in 2019 or 2020. In my head for some reason this always just sounded a long way off, like it was 5 years away or something. Yet in 6 weeks time it will officially be "1 year and X days away". Holy ****.

That probably sounds really weird for normal functioning people who have no problem realizing something 2 years away, is indeed 2 years away :p

Started making a custom portable BT speaker/boombox today, couple 15W speakers + a 40W sub :D should beat the crap outta the usual tinny portable BT setups. I'm using some lithium batteries from the boss's old drone to power it so I can crank it for at least 12 hours without needing a recharge. All in all it should be a sub $100 build. Most of the parts are still gonna take a few weeks to get here though :/ I'll do a project thread when they arrive
This sounds pretty cool. I need some sort of sound system in my garage for when I'm working out there.

Ansible is free. The more advanced Ansible tower costs money. I just use Ansible :tongue:

Woo, officially a business owner. Companies House finally incorporated Network Investigations Ltd :)

Still waiting on branding, logos, etc. Graphics design takes longer than desired when you're getting a graduate friend to do it on the cheap :p (and by cheap, I mean for free until I get my first invoice paid)

Woo, officially a business owner. Companies House finally incorporated Network Investigations Ltd :)

Still waiting on branding, logos, etc. Graphics design takes longer than desired when you're getting a graduate friend to do it on the cheap :p (and by cheap, I mean for free until I get my first invoice paid)

I'll admin your IT for £100 a month :lol::lol::lol:

I'll admin your IT for £100 a month :lol::lol::lol:

Deal.

Though you can't start until I actually get some money in :p

I actually tried to register for PAYE+VAT+corp tax today, but I'm ahead of the bureaucracy so don't have all the information I need yet.

Waiting around until time to head out to go eat. We aren't cooking Thanksgiving at home this year but rather going out and forcing others to work on the holiday. We are hitting up a buffet so there will be more than anyone can eat and no clean up... but no leftovers, either.

Back
Top Bottom