Potentially the longest thread in history...

i live in northern ontario, there is no hard lines to where i live other then phone and power, so im stuck with it untill i move in a year or so. Ah i so can not wait for high speed :), starts drooling,,,actually i have slower then normal dial up, normail dial up is 56k, i have 28.8 k.

i live in northern ontario, there is no hard lines to where i live other then phone and power, so im stuck with it untill i move in a year or so. Ah i so can not wait for high speed :), starts drooling,,,actually i have slower then normal dial up, normail dial up is 56k, i have 28.8 k.

T1 is a beauty! SO FREAKIN FAST! I know RCC library computers are fast as ****, it's instant to any site. One click n ur there less than one second. For me on my own computer (which is broken, waiting for mobo to come back from MSI), it takes lets say MSN to load up fully in like 5 or so seconds.

curse you,,,CURSE YOU
girlfight.gif

curse you,,,CURSE YOU
girlfight.gif

hold on now, i never said i have T1, ive used T1 before. I have Cable, n my Netgear router, which was an upgrade from the last wireless-G Netgear, sucks because it goes offline sometimes too. Internet is connected to that first n then to the phone and cable modem.

this is my new router that my older bro convinced my dad to get but i told him not to n instead get Linksys:

Newegg.com - NETGEAR WNR834B IEEE802.11n draft specification, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b RangeMax Next Wireless-N Router - Wireless Routers

im gonna probably plan on getting the wireless adapter to this router, but i really want to use a 35' cable from the hallway to my room instead but both my older bro hates the idea, im just trying to save money.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:

Should i use wired connection at all times or wireless? I game online n dont want disconnections!

wired is slightly faster, go for wired. Because you would have to buy an adapter, and there really is no reason to use wireless when u can pick up a cat 5e cable for cheap, use the wireless for laptops, and other devices, and let you family use it, you should use wired :)

EDIT: sorry for the double post, well atleast its the longest thread in history.

wired is slightly faster, go for wired. Because you would have to buy an adapter, and there really is no reason to use wireless when u can pick up a cat 5e cable for cheap, use the wireless for laptops, and other devices, and let you family use it, you should use wired :)

EDIT: sorry for the double post, well atleast its the longest thread in history.

that's what i told my dad, he thinks it's a weird idea but fine, my older bro says if it were his house, he would cut the cord! Problem right now is that the hallway internet port isnt working, internet is connection through the wireless router first downstairs in the storage room.

um, what about the length of the cable? If i remember, anything less than 100ft of cable length through DSL/Cable connection is still good. I have a 5-port 10/100 switch i can use too because the cord reaches just past my door n stops lol. I would need a 10ft cable going from the switch to my computer. I got all the stuff already, i just need my computer up n running again.

wired and wireless are the same speeds, in terms of download and upload speeds.

Wired is better for moving large files between computers, but you can game just fine on a 54mbps wireless connection.

A 15mb internet connection on a 54mbps wireless connection is the same speed as a 15mb internet connection on a wired line.

I have one of those netgear wireless-g routers two, and have my wo desktops connected via cat5e, two laptops
on wifi, and another desktop on wifi as well. The net is the same speed on all computers when used individually.

Back
Top Bottom