Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'm not saying I am definitely correct, i'm probably only marginally more confident they'll be successful (i.e. steal 10 to 20% of Steams market share over the next 5+ years). I guess i'm hedging about 55% chance of success, 45 for fail :p

I like Epic Games because I think they've done great stuff with the Unreal Engine. They opened it up to basically be free for indies (albeit due to pressure from Unity), which is pretty awesome. Maybe I am putting too much trust in them.

Tbh I'm just salty that everytime I try and play a full screen video on Steam with 4K monitor graphics it breaks. :lol:

For reference: https://i.imgur.com/XMx8MD7.jpg

And it's been like that for ****ing ages. They give zero ****s. SteamVR is also a buggy hellish mess.

I think i'm being scammed on Reddit but cannot figure out how.

I sold some ram on a hardwareswap subreddit. The guy seems nice and normal enough, agrees to pay me 50% upfront via bank transfer and 50% when it arrives. He has dozens of trades on this subreddit so i've no reason to question it, seems fair to me considering I myself have no rep or feedback on that subreddit.

So anyway I ask for his address and tell him my bank details. He replies saying he's transferred the money, but hasn't told me his address to post the ram too. I ask him again, and he skirts the question. I ask him yet again, and he doesn't respond. But he's already sent me half the money via bank transfer. wut.

Someone smarter than me figure out what stunt he is trying to pull ?

With your bank account # and your name, he might attempt to hack your account.

I'm selling a new Ryzen pc on Craigslist. Someone just sent me a message stating they will give me a check and an extra $30. to hold it until his "mover" can pick up the pc. I told him I can not accept his check just because it sounds funky to offer an extra $30. just to "hold it"
If your suspicious it is best to avoid anything that sounds funky

I have worked two days so far this week and am at 34.47 hours. 18.8 on Monday, took Tuesday off to sleep, and then almost 16 today. They have had me covering the neighboring territory as the tech there was down with the flu. Thank God he comes back tomorrow/today.

But I received two more calls in my queue today to run tomorrow/today. Both should be easy fixes but I will end up with about seven hours of driving. Damn, I'm too old for this crap.

Screenshot your DMs (black out your deets :p)

I looked online and there isn't really any risk to giving out your bank acc number and sort code. About the only thing people can do is sign you up to direct debits for dodgy places than don't need a signature. But it's a fraud that is never really done because you just spot it, cancel the DD and tell your bank. They never get away with it. The guy doesn't even know my name anyway.

So i'm still at a loss on this one.

You know what grinds my gears at work...

First thing:
11:30am on a Friday: "Hi, we need a desk moving for a new starter that started today, can you get this done asap today please"

Oh **** off. You didn't realise your new starter was starting today until 11:30am ? yeah okay that's clearly bull****, at a bare minimum you knew several days ago. Tough ****.

Second thing:

"do this plz, it's urgent, need asap". It's not ****ing urgent though is it ? how the **** can a 3rd monitor be urgent ? piss off.

Back
Top Bottom