Potentially the longest thread in history...

Nah. Never played the first one and the trailers look like a wild west GTA to me. I'll still play it but no hype.

Exactly :D

Free roam open world games are my favorite kind, and Rockstars are the best of that group for me. Absolutely love them. I have been playing Zero Dawn and God of War on the PS4, and they are great, but I will drop both of them as soon as I can get my grubby hands on RDR2. I've been waiting so damn long. 8 years since RDR came out...

Console only, couldn't care less :p there's not much I hate more in this world than FPS/RPGs on a ****ing console. It's for lazy gamers tbh, which unfortunately is most gamers these days :/

Last edited:

I remember that profile pic :p

Okay you're gonna have to explain that one to me. What the **** ? :lol:

Why would you bother with a console? Usual answers are "because it's easier" in some fashion or other. And apparently that's most people's top metric for choosing a platform.
As far as I'm concerned they're over-powered media centers and not gaming machines; I actually want to get good at the game, and pretending like my thumb can replicate the full dexterity of my wrist, palm and fingertips? No lol :p there's a reason cross platform multi isn't a thing really. Fortnite really exemplifies this atm; set it to xplatform and you can very, very easily spot the mobile and console players by how much they suck.

I remember that profile pic :p

Why would you bother with a console? Usual answers are "because it's easier" in some fashion or other. And apparently that's most people's top metric for choosing a platform.
As far as I'm concerned they're over-powered media centers and not gaming machines; I actually want to get good at the game, and pretending like my thumb can replicate the full dexterity of my wrist, palm and fingertips? No lol :p there's a reason cross platform multi isn't a thing really. Fortnite really exemplifies this atm; set it to xplatform and you can very, very easily spot the mobile and console players by how much they suck.

If I can get a game on a PC, I will. I prefer PC as a platform. But the fact is there are some amazing games on console. There is no Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 etc on PC. It's why I bought a PS4 Pro last month (not had a console for 5 years prior to now).

And to be honest, I have to admit the One X / PS4 Pro are great for the money. You can game at 4K for £400. My PC GPU capable of 4K (kinda) cost £700 alone, let alone the rest of my PC, and to be perfectly honest the graphics quality is only marginally better at 4K than the console is (more so versus the X than the Pro). I open up God of War and Zero Dawn, and it is graphically better than the majority of PC games I play - they're really good to look at full stop, not just "good for a console". HDR support is also seamless, but not so seamless on PC. It kinda works most of the time on PC but it's not particularly smooth and it's more of a pain to get working. So in aspects like that, console is just better, I can't deny it.

So the reason you bother with consoles is because there are some really great games you are missing out on big time. I wish they were on PC, but they aren't. RDR2 will probably come to PC in 12 to 24 months, but no guarantee.

I wouldn't really say moving your fingertips and twisting your hand makes you less lazy than a console gamer lol. If you really want to play the lazy game, then you should be playing VR games exclusively, which are literally exhausting and take a lot of skill to be good at.

By lazy I mean valuing things like "it's easier to install games" or "simple interface" not my hand movement haha
Graphics are plenty acceptable on both at this point, I'd be happy with either.

But yeah, the fact these games are targeted only at he console market is why I'm so pissed :p if the "I wanna game lying sideways in my lounge covered in doritos" group wasn't so large, maybe these devs would've targeted the PC market instead! Easy money is with the console herd though, so that's where they go :/

By lazy I mean valuing things like "it's easier to install games" or "simple interface" not my hand movement haha
Graphics are plenty acceptable on both at this point, I'd be happy with either.

But yeah, the fact these games are targeted only at he console market is why I'm so pissed :p if the "I wanna game lying sideways in my lounge covered in doritos" group wasn't so large, maybe these devs would've targeted the PC market instead! Easy money is with the console herd though, so that's where they go :/

Microsoft are releasing most Xbox exclusives on PC too, which is nice. Shame the Microsoft Store is so awful. But yeah I can't see Sony doing that. It is annoying. I wish PC had exclusives with the same budget and investments as the PS4 exclusives. Imagine if they targeted GoW, The Last of Us and Uncharted at PC level hardware, that **** would be crazy high quality. PC doesn't really get any AAA exclusives :(

Back
Top Bottom