Potentially the longest thread in history...

...god damnit lol :eek: still a sight more than the $2.50 we were hoping to pay with carbonite :/ missing out all for the sake of not being able to backup from network locations with the home license.

But buying a house will be stressful too :O better not do it.

Buying a house does not stress me out 10% as much as changing job :p

You'd be surprised.

I am sure it is stressful, but most of my proper stress and anxiety is new social situations such as meeting new colleagues, and also worrying about failing at something like not understanding my work or making a big mistake when driving. There is nothing really like that when buying a house. You have the stress of money, solicitors, things falling through, moving day etc - but I am okay with that kind of stress, I deal with it much better and it doesn't keep me up at night.

I am sure it is stressful, but most of my proper stress and anxiety is new social situations such as meeting new colleagues, and also worrying about failing at something like not understanding my work or making a big mistake when driving. There is nothing really like that when buying a house. You have the stress of money, solicitors, things falling through, moving day etc - but I am okay with that kind of stress, I deal with it much better and it doesn't keep me up at night.
You have to talk to realtors, lenders, the agency (if it's a new place), the title people, have to dig up info and call people for the lenders, [in the US can call up for grants and funding, assistance etc], talk to appraisers, and you think that kind of stuff isn't stressful until you have to do it. When everything is 100% on you it gets real. Scroll back exactly one year and read me saying the exact same thing you were about home stress. I even owned a home before but it was a different situation (and I've lived by myself for 11 years now). The financial aspect of it (have to remember it's more than just mortgage) is way worse when that 6 month to 1 year lease now becomes a 30 year investment that if you get behind enough can make you homeless, ruin your credit, etc. I'd much rather be in my rental stressing about my job than living in a house I have to pay on the next half of my life. I should also mention that since my house was bought literally brand new I have warranty cushion.

Oh and there's also the social aspect of owning a home that most don't know about or talk about.

Last edited:
...god damnit lol :eek: still a sight more than the $2.50 we were hoping to pay with carbonite :/ missing out all for the sake of not being able to backup from network locations with the home license.

I'd seriously consider paying the extra amount for Backblaze. like 10x faster than Crashplan was in my experiences. You can set up a beefy server to take the data and compress it / encrypt it before sending it to B2 so you'll pay less

It's a backup of a backup so we hardly ever need to access it, cheapest wins this time. Just needs 30 days file retention minimum, backup time isn't really an issue.

So my boss asked me to test Win10 thoroughly on my own PC before wider rollout. 90 day enterprise trial is ending in 4 hours. I've asked him three times in the past 10 days to sort out a proper license key for me, or i'm going to have issues with it expiring.

So far, he's ignored it everytime I mentioned it. Can't wait for him to moan at me in 4 hours when I can't work properly because my PC isn't licensed and keeps shutting down.

@ Yami and @ Kman.

Can I ask; have you noticed any potential gang related activity in your area or local community from gangs of teenagers or local youths or kids.

I am some what of a night owl and I often walk too the garage on a night. Walk around late on my own and I have noticed in particular one or more Bicycles being left and standing up rite on my local housing estate for months on end. The youths and kids are using these but their mite be one or even two or more left in the open what any body could pinch. Seem like quite expensive bikes with a orange frame and vintage looking frame with a basket on the front.

I was thinking of contacting the police about it but I don't know exactly what the situation is.

Walking threw the streets late at night it comes across as real spooky and something with the situation is just not rite.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom