Potentially the longest thread in history...

Ah right sweet lol, gonna trial the registry trick here and see if that tames the beast. Hadn't bothered checking tbh :p will be glad if this works!

I really like Win10 generally, but I get a bit miffed at the amount of time my CPU sits at 30% usage from Windows Defender service doing some ****, seems to go on for hours and hours even while I am trying to play PUBG. Predictably, destroys my FPS...

Mfw the companies most important database server is down in Azure, my boss is on holiday, and he's the only one with Azure admin password.

e7a.jpg

Don't have a shared password manager? Or haven't been given access to it?

The registry edit is only for Defender. To turn off updates all you need to do is stop and disable the service for Windows Updates.

I did a slightly different one, changed the AUOptions key to 2 which apparently means you just get notifications and won't auto dl or restart.
If that fails I'll disable wuauserv, had enough o this -_-

I did a slightly different one, changed the AUOptions key to 2 which apparently means you just get notifications and won't auto dl or restart.

He won't give anyone else in IT access. He's the kind of guy that reserves certain tasks for himself so that he's more important and can go around saying "only I can do X , X and X". Thing is he won't admit it. He's a super organised and intelligent IT guy and manager, but everytime we ask for access, he's like "yeah, sure !" and "forgets" or has another excuse every single time. Another one is he has me doing a lot of web dev work now, which I really enjoy. But will he give me FTP access to the website ? nope - so whenever I want to add or change a file on the site, I have to go through him. Sometimes he is in meeting for 3 hours, and I sit there twiddling my thumbs.

Last edited:
I really like Win10 generally, but I get a bit miffed at the amount of time my CPU sits at 30% usage from Windows Defender service doing some ****, seems to go on for hours and hours even while I am trying to play PUBG. Predictably, destroys my FPS...
That is exactly why I disabled Defender. **** that nonsense.

Seems like an awful lot of work for something so simple lol.

Changing a single reg key? I'll live :p

Arrgh in other news, the bank is taking too long to process my first home owners grant, basically means I have to pay stamp duty worth ~$9k on top of what I would've had to pay at settlment, then get refunded after the bank gets back from holidays. Calling in all the favours I can XD

edit: phew got the ****er sorted. Nearly maxed out my CC and emptied my bank accounts entirely to do it + got a temporary loan from a friend. Christ what a saga -_- all because my lazy *** broker didn't drop the application in person and decided to post it via snail mail.

Last edited:
I had a super vivid and realistic dream last night, but unfortunately the subject was awful.

Basically the dream was just me going about my day to day life as normal, when I woke up one day I had a slight pain in my toes. The next day it had moved to both my feet, and the day after my ankles too. So I went to the doctor, as it was weird. Mum came with me for some reason even though i'm 24 :p anyway, this doctor had immediate access to proper hospital equipment like blood analysis and a CT scanner etc. So he does a CT scan, examination and blood. After about 20 minutes of saying nothing, the Doctor finally speaks. "Max, I think you have a rare condition called Mounds disease, but we won't know til your blood results are confirmed in a few days - but if I am right you have approximately 2 weeks to live, maybe 4 weeks if you accept treatment to slow the condition". My mum immediately had a mental breakdown. I walked out of the doctors and saw two old friends from school, they asked how I was and I told them i'll die in 2 weeks time and they started crying. Then I told my dad over the phone, and he commited suicide later that day. A few days later I got the call confirming I had the disease, by which point I knew anyway as my condition was deteriorating rapidly. The dream carried on for another week with me slowly dieing, til the point I was completely bed bound... then I woke up from the dream! holy **** I have rarely been so relieved to wake up from a dream. It felt so damn real. I was so crushingly depressed and upset that I was about to die lol.

Sometimes I wonder if our dreams are part of the infinite universe theorem, and when we go to bed our dreams are just a view into the most interesting of our alternate realities :p

Back
Top Bottom